Aion OB Ended, Release on the way

Sedah

They made it so all classes are pretty much the same at the same level, theres on 2 diffrences I see, long range, short range, mana or non mana. High dps or high defence, but the 2 cancel out each other. The guys who made Aion had no emagination, they just made a game with the cookie cutter, what sells, MMO template. If you played other MMO's theres really nothing new to learn in Aion. It was fun during the beta, but i knew i couldn't do it for months. I still have my buttom combination memorized. 5, 3, 3, 1, 1, Q. cause it was the same thing i did against every creature I faught. I think it'll be just like Lineage 2 where everyone just started playing on free private servers. Then they will release Aion 2, which they prolly already have made and just waiting around for Aion to die. Its like they want it to fail so they can release a new game to buy. The only thing that made it fun was the PvP, and thats only when you have a bunch of fiends playing at the same time. I mean why put a level cap at 50 when you know they will just raise it to 60 then 70. That you will have to pay for.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They made it so all classes are pretty much the same at the same level, theres on 2 diffrences I see, long range, short range, mana or non mana. High dps or high defence, but the 2 cancel out each other. The guys who made Aion had no emagination, they just made a game with the cookie cutter, what sells, MMO template. If you played other MMO's theres really nothing new to learn in Aion. It was fun during the beta, but i knew i couldn't do it for months. I still have my buttom combination memorized. 5, 3, 3, 1, 1, Q. cause it was the same thing i did against every creature I faught. I think it'll be just like Lineage 2 where everyone just started playing on free private servers. Then they will release Aion 2, which they prolly already have made and just waiting around for Aion to die. Its like they want it to fail so they can release a new game to buy. The only thing that made it fun was the PvP, and thats only when you have a bunch of fiends playing at the same time. I mean why put a level cap at 50 when you know they will just raise it to 60 then 70. That you will have to pay for.

it's all for the fun of it man, people have diff taste in games...def. pvp is the most exciting part of the game but fighting in game gets more interesting once more skills comes, you gotta know what skill to use in certain situations, they start to get more in dept where you have to know when to use a certain skill to avoid other's etc...we play it for fun and it's a game we like to play...no need to flame on a game that you don't like, you don't like it, then let it be...don't be a nyerk about it cuz it wasn't a game that caught your interest. :peace:

The Uncoalition DOES have a nice ring to it! Feel free to list it (or the regular version). I'll join if you guys make one, but I would prefer to join a larger guild for leveling and whatnot. After all, I think we'll be at all different levels, so it's nice to be able to play with some buddies at different times, and then everyone catches up for some massive PvP at the end. :)

And I think Chen is just voicing his opinion of the game, not flaming it. Well, maybe the "the makers of AION have no emagination" part. :) The game isn't for him, but it is for us. No biggie.

LOL!

Ya, think we'll wait to hear from everyone on the legion name. For the time being, I'm gonna put The Coalition for my legion in the AionSource forums :P

Btw Sedah, any news from your eVGA friends?

will do the same, yea some of them are def. playing it, once we decide on the server we will play on, I can write that up to see if anyone will be in that server...most likely they will cuz they would wanna be in servers w/ people they know

Good point there Unclean. Yea, def agree with you about the solo'ing part. I did ask Sedah how he found his WoW guild, and he said it was through playing with people and eventually finding a group that you enjoy hanging out with.

One idea would be to form our own legion first (for the benefits of the legion warehouse, legion chat which was invaluable) and take it from there. If we find a legion we like, we could combine or join them.

Good point there Unclean. Yea, def agree with you about the solo'ing part. I did ask Sedah how he found his WoW guild, and he said it was through playing with people and eventually finding a group that you enjoy hanging out with.

One idea would be to form our own legion first (for the benefits of the legion warehouse, legion chat which was invaluable) and take it from there. If we find a legion we like, we could combine or join them.

+1, yea that happened to the guild I was at in WoW, a couple of the fewer member guilds asked to merged w/ the guild I was in and it was more of if we can all work together and whatnot, eventually the two guild became one

so we can def. make one for the time being, if a bigger legion is must then we can always merge with other legions, and who knows by the time that is needed we may have a good number of people already in the legion...but some do prefer to only have a legion where its an "invite only" cuz they prefer to only have ppl that they know/ can trust, cuz who knows, people can always take whatever they want in the legion bank w/out knowing who it was; / w.out asking...

Server specific forums here.

Edit: Browsing the individual server forums, our current server, Kaisinel, doesn't seem to be alive :( Zikel has the most post count by far, which while nowhere near accurate (though AionSource is currently the biggest Aion forum), might mean that it'll be the most populated...

Edited by lousiest

For me, it'll probably be a case of finding people I like playing with regardless of guild, add them to my friends list, and whenever I need someone to group up with, I'll refer to my friends list and see if anyone's online. So hopefully, even if our legion starts off small, I won't be left to quest alone.

Edited by lousiest

Edit: Browsing the individual server forums, our current server, Kaisinel, doesn't seem to be alive :( Zikel has the most post count by far, which while nowhere near accurate (though AionSource is currently the biggest Aion forum), might mean that it'll be the most populated...

seems like the top 5 are gonna be

Siel, Nezekan, Zikel, Trineil, & Israphel

I'm not really trying to bash the game (well maybe I am). To me it seems like a simplified version of WoW, and people who stopped playing WoW are playing Aion, which doesn't make since to me. If it wasn't for Fallen Earth I would be playing Aion just for the PvP, teamwork, aspec of it. If Fallen Earth dies I would def go back to Aion. It just ins't my first choice. Guess i'm just a lil peeved cause I had high hopes for Aion, but the game became Lineage 2 with wings that you can only use in fly zones, with a few added skills.

seems like the top 5 are gonna be

Siel, Nezekan, Zikel, Trineil, & Israphel

Been looking at Zikel's forums and apparently there's a legion, TheMercs, that are causing people to consider leaving that server due to their attitude in the forums. Also, from Zikel's and Nezekan's threads, it seems the latter is most likely to be the 2nd most populated server. Finally, there is mention that one server will be picked as a role-playing server. Not sure what the implications of this are.

Also, all this is just based on the assumption that post count translates to server population. But seeing that there is no better estimate at this point, can I suggest we pick a server with a mid-sized population based on post count? I'm thinking of creating a character on the following servers:

Siel

Nezekan

Triniel

Lumiel

Azphel

and find out which gives the best ping for all of us. Personally, I like Nezekan, Triniel and Lumiel simply for the threads in their respective forums.

I'd be fine with any server really... we could definitely check the ping first to be safe. I'll reserve my character name on Nezekan, Triniel and Lumiel.

One other note - there is a legion named Ruin (/Ruined/Ruinous/etc) that was true to their name - they would gather massive quantities of people and just dominate servers. When I say "massive quantities", they'd have to make multiple guilds because they'd reach the limit of 500 people per guild. I think they were anywhere from 1500-2000 strong on a server. It wasn't really fun for either side after awhile, so everyone would leave that server and reroll on another.

I don't care, pick one and stick with it. My ping will blow regardless simply because I am on the west coast. For you guys closer the ping differential couldn't be more than ~10 one way or the other I would think. Just chose one and I'll make my two chars there.

Shaftiel