Aion OB Ended, Release on the way

Sedah

Okay, the OB for Aion ended today and we got a couple days before the full release comes out, seeing who's all gonna be playing it...don't forget CE ppl get a 2day headstart which is sunday and get to reserve your gaming name ahead of time.

so far that I know of are...lousient,shaftiel,barashin,jackiechan,zaph]barashin's friend], & myself of course

and I believe ebil and unclean are playing? not 100% sure on that

also; some of us talked about creating a 'legion'...still tryin to figure out a name for that lol so lets give out suggestions :luxhello:

oh yea, what class is everyone doing?; Sedah = Scout>Assassin[main] Priest>Chanter[alt]

Edited by Sedah

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah forgot my names hehe, okay Sedah = Scout>Assasin & Soipelcsa = Priest>Chanter

as for the legion name goes, I don't mind that name at all, just need everyone to agree on it/ or get everyone to suggest a name and vote on it

Don't have the forum post, but I remember it being something like this: When you ordered the CE version upgrade via NCSoft's website, you were given a serial number. You can't apply that number until you've entered your non-CE's serial number (that you pre-ordered from GameStop). When you collect your game from GameStop on the 22nd, enter the serial number into your Aion account on NCSoft. You should now be able to apply your CE upgrade's serial number.

Don't have the forum post, but I remember it being something like this: When you ordered the CE version upgrade via NCSoft's website, you were given a serial number. You can't apply that number until you've entered your non-CE's serial number (that you pre-ordered from GameStop). When you collect your game from GameStop on the 22nd, enter the serial number into your Aion account on NCSoft. You should now be able to apply your CE upgrade's serial number.

so I'm guessin we won't have that 2day headstart due to the fact tha upgrade to CE key can't be applied till we get the retail copy

Your pre-order key, the one you used to gain access to OB, will be used to gain access to head start

ah okies cool, i did the upgrade today already and got the CE key, jus cant apply it till the retail key comes in lol

anways, back to the original thread! lol

I'm fine with any server if everyone has good ping on it.

That's what we all should have checked in the beginning. :)

And I'm playing, watch for a priest by the name of "Unclean". I won't have time to create an alt, but might reserve a name or two just in case.

I'm fine with any server if everyone has good ping on it.

That's what we all should have checked in the beginning. :)

And I'm playing, watch for a priest by the name of "Unclean". I won't have time to create an alt, but might reserve a name or two just in case.

my guess for unclean's legion suggestion is 'unlegion' :wiggle2:

Found this that talks about the servers. This comment basically sums it up:

All NA servers are physically located on the East Coast. The 'east' and 'west' designations are there only to show what prime times will be used for the various in-game events that occur on those servers.

And these are the server designations (source):

[West] Ariel

[East] Azphel

[West] Siel

[East] Israphel

[West] Nezekan

[East] Zikel

[West] Vaizel

[East] Triniel

[West] Kaisinel

[East] Lumiel

[West] Yustiel

[East] Marchutan

Edited by lousiest

By the way.. anyone wonder why the greatswords are being pushed on Gladiators so hard? Look at this comparison:

Altgard Dagger

Type Dagger

Available for Level 18 or higher

Physical Attack 47 - 53

Attack Speed 1.2

Accuracy 184

Physical Critical Hit 100

Parry 283

Magic Boost ---

Magical Accuracy 20

-------------------------------

Altgard Greatsword

Type Greatsword

very slow 3 hits weapon

Physical Attack 107 - 113

Attack Speed 2.4

Accuracy 234

Physical Critical Hit 10

Parry 403

Magic Boost ---

Magical Accuracy 20

As you can see the dagger can attack twice in the time the greatsword can. So the max damage is nearly equal vs time. With the crit hit being 10X higher with the dagger that damage dif. should be negated. So... whats so great about a greatsword?

Shaftiel

By the way.. anyone wonder why the greatswords are being pushed on Gladiators so hard? Look at this comparison:

Altgard Dagger

Type Dagger

Physical Attack 47 - 53

Attack Speed 1.2

Accuracy 184

Physical Critical Hit 100

Parry 283

Magic Boost ---

Magical Accuracy 20

-------------------------------

Altgard Greatsword

Type Greatsword

very slow 3 hits weapon

Physical Attack 107 - 113

Attack Speed 2.4

Accuracy 234

Physical Critical Hit 10

Parry 403

Magic Boost ---

Magical Accuracy 20

As you can see the dagger can attack twice in the time the greatsword can. So the max damage is nearly equal vs time. With the crit hit being 10X higher with the dagger that damage dif. should be negated. So... whats so great about a greatsword?

Shaftiel

daggers are faster to attack w/...and arent greatswords 2h? which would be 2/3x heavier/slower compared to a dagger

and for legion wise, +1 "The Coalition", I'll volunteer to be one of the legion leader, i'll mostly be playing it alot more compared of how I played OB hha

daggers are faster to attack w/...and arent greatswords 2h? which would be 2/3x heavier/slower compared to a dagger

and for legion wise, +1 "The Coalition", I'll volunteer to be one of the legion leader, i'll mostly be playing it alot more compared of how I played OB hha

I think you missed my intent. I was showing that the damage output of a dagger matches that of a greatsword. So why would someone use a greatsword and lose the block and stuns from a shield when a dagger will do more damage.

Shaftiel

Though there seems to be a lot of hate towards greatswords. Polearms seem to be favored. Though there's a nice post here that compares the two (read the 4th comment for comparison between daggers too, which seem to contradict that other post about calculating weapon damage)

I'd be up to test this in-game.

Edited by lousiest

Same with sword vs polearm...

Altgard Sword

Type Sword

Physical Attack 52 - 64

64 * 2.2 = 140.8 * 2 attacks = 281.6

Altgard Polearm

Type Polearm

very slow 4 hits weapon

Physical Attack 81 - 151

151 * 1.8 = 271.8

I'd go with the one handed weapon and pick up the extra defense and stuns from a shield.

Shaftiel