Dexter?

ZeroDamage

Anyone else watch this show? I discovered it by accident on Netflix streaming. I am kind of hooked now. The show causes a lot of anxiety at times due to the premise.

The premise is this. A police blood-spatter analyst is also a serial killer. Something happened to him in his past that made him that way. He ended up getting adopted by a cop who figures it out early and teaches him how to act normal (or as normal as possible) and to take out his impulses on bad guys. Murderers and the like who got away with it.

I think this show ended up on CBS or something last year because of the writers strike as a filler during that down time. The show is an original ShowTime show so it is not suited for CBS or network TV in general with some serious editing. Shows like this I would rather see in their original form myself. Show is interesting. Think Nip/Tuk but the surgeons are actually serial killers. Similar cinematography.

it's been on break, but the new season is on showtime starting 9/27. i love the show, and i'd say it's one of my favorites (up there with "the wire.").

original trailer:

[utube]1UJz0O2NjOo[/utube]

upcoming season trailer:

[utube]5r4vCFqDmjQ[/utube]

watch it, or if you don't have netflix, grab the first 3 seasons on netflix. imo, season 1 was the best, 2 was ok, 3 was worth watching, but 4 should be interesting.

as side trivia, seasons 1-5 of the wire are all fantastically epic. word.

• 6 months later...

i would def venture to say it is more so. It isn't really done in a shock and awe type of manner though, it usually has to deal with the story.

The main character is a serial killer who works for the Miami PD, expect some blood.