Recording Streaming Audio (and Hello!)

Fatty

Hey all, miss everyone! Hope all is well with you and yours.

I have a techie question, and you may be the human resource I need.

Anyone know how to record streaming audio? Our football team has made the playoffs, and we found a local station where we're going that is going to be streaming the audio live

(http://www.wwva.com/pages/hsfootballsplash.html) The one on the left, Woodridge vs. Martins Ferry.

Anyone know how I can get this done?

Wow, nifty new post count icon!

If you can figure it out, using VLC would be he safest bet.

You could always pick up a cable at Radio Shack or where ever that will let you loop your audio out on your sound card into the Microphone jack. From there, you can record the input.

Edited by ZeroDamage

GC Founder

Hmm...that makes sense. Problem is being at the game and not at my computer. :-o I wonder how big that file would end up being that way....

Thanks for the thoughts, ZD...any other ideas are very welcome.

Martins Ferry? The one in Ohio near Steubenville? Funny thing, back in high school (real long time ago) my friends and I believed that "ferry chicks" were the best specimens around. Now - of course - today we know that isn't always the case, but every time I hear Martins Ferry, I think of that.

What? Sorry. I am a distraction in this thread. Congrats on getting into the playoffs. Good luck!

Audacity

This program does the trick for me. The way it works for me: Open the program, go to preferences, set your Recording Device to your sound card (if it isn't there by default; you may need to restart the program after changing this setting), in the main window next to the microphone volume there should be a drop down menu where you can select what source you want to record, choose wave. Start the record, try not to clip.

Hopefully this will work for you.

GC Founder

Heh.

Thanks for all replies. I did actually call the radio station. They recorded it and are sending it to me. It didn't seem like they record everything....they had to make this happen. Surprised me. Anyways, I won't have it for the highlight video that I do for pregame this week, but we'll have it some day!

We won, btw! On to the next round...playing Girard High School at Lake High School's stadium in Uniontown.