COD: Modern Warfare 2

Ted_Break_Danson

I've only been the m4 so far.. I was told to get as much XP with it as possible.

I went from the M4, to the SCAR from level 20-40 or so. Now onto the M16.

People tell you to use it as much as possible because you get 10,000xp once you master a gun.

But in my opinion, you can get 10,000 xp from 1-2 games of multiplayer. So just use the gun that you get the most kills with.

SCAR is much more powerful than M4, allows you to not use the stopping power perk and use something else.

I don't plan on doing Prestige so I've just been unlocking everything I can right now. I'm level 54 but have yet to unlock the FAMAS and SCAR Unlocks. I only have the Red Dot and Silencer unlocked for the SCAR. I also don't have any of the Extended Mags unlocked for the primary weapons because you have to get 40 penetration kills, which is tough when I could be unlocking other stuff instead. I also don't have FMJ unlocked on most of them because I think that's like 300 kills.

For the LMGs I only have the M240 unlocks done, strange they let you put a silencer on an LMG... I have a handle for the AUG LMG but that's about it. I don't really like the LMGs, I didn't like them in MW1 either.

For SMGs I haven't finished the UZI and never started the MP5K or the UMP.

I hate the shotguns, so those aren't even close to being finished.

I was going to use guns I really like and just level up to 70 and then unlock stuff, but since I don't plan on doing the Prestige I figured I might as well use guns I don't like much and get the XP for unlocks and marksman instead of using guns I like, hitting 70 and then going back to do all of the unlocks, essentially gaining no XP from it.

32.7 Multiplayer hours later and one thing is clear: I need a life.

I take this back. I've been seeing people who are prestige and checked their played hours in their Steam profile. I saw some people that have played at least 15 hours a day since the game came out.

Edited by VooDooPC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So multiplayer is fun too? Is the gamestyle similar to CODMW1? And have they improved the server browsing/connection issues from MW1?

Well the thing is, there are no servers now. So you dont really browse for good ones. You now just chose the game type and it throws you into a server with the best connection and best group of players around your skill level.

People originally freaked out about no servers, but its not that bad. I would like to have our own for GC but as long as you have people on your friends list you can invite them into your party, or current game.

Gamestyle is similar, and alot of fun. If we had the same people playing MW2 as we have for CSS I would not play CSS anymore.

anybody that's playing this game, add me on steam - srfisher.. I'll invite you to our party whenever we get one going. My brother, M2 and I have been getting some good frags in.

I'll be on tonight playing for most of the night (It's Thirsty Thursday)

So multiplayer is fun too? Is the gamestyle similar to CODMW1? And have they improved the server browsing/connection issues from MW1?

Well the thing is, there are no servers now. So you dont really browse for good ones. You now just chose the game type and it throws you into a server with the best connection and best group of players around your skill level.

It doesnt group by level at all from what I have seen. But at the same time, its not really an issue.

I actually like the way it finds games. No crap to deal with, and the server is always local, no matter where you are. And theres never a routing issue either, otherwise it wouldve been a higher ping.

Only annoyances Ive found in the game so far are :

1- Someones crappy rig running as a server. Just leave it if its bad, no big deal.

2- High speed knifers running all over the place. But a shot to the face a few times in a row tends to shut them down :P

• 1 month later...