The Wheel of Time

Fairweather

my friend recommended this series to me and i'm currently about 200 pages in the first book... wowzers so far its exceeded my expectations and then some. Jordan has done a really great job of providing riveting detail but not getting carried away with it like Tolkien did. At times during the LOTR series I got bored from all the excessive descriptions but so far Jordan has kept me on my edge since page one.

I recommend this to anyone who loves the fantasy genre and is looking for something new to read.. the series is 12 books long tho and these aren't small books so if you do check it out be prepared to spend some time on it.

my friend recommended this series to me and i'm currently about 200 pages in the first book... wowzers so far its exceeded my expectations and then some. Jordan has done a really great job of providing riveting detail but not getting carried away with it like Tolkien did. At times during the LOTR series I got bored from all the excessive descriptions but so far Jordan has kept me on my edge since page one.

I recommend this to anyone who loves the fantasy genre and is looking for something new to read.. the series is 12 books long tho and these aren't small books so if you do check it out be prepared to spend some time on it.

Tis the series that got me into fantasy. Was purely sci-fi before that.

I used to read a lot of fantasy novels. I have never read this series but I am starting a new series a friend recommended to me, A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin. The first book is titled a Game of Thrones. From his description it sounds like it will be a great series. I played the boardgame A Game of Thrones and it was so great it made me have interest in the books. I also really enjoyed the Shannara series by Terry Brooks, however I never read the newest books in the series.

I used to read a lot of fantasy novels. I have never read this series but I am starting a new series a friend recommended to me, A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin. The first book is titled a Game of Thrones. From his description it sounds like it will be a great series. I played the boardgame A Game of Thrones and it was so great it made me have interest in the books. I also really enjoyed the Shannara series by Terry Brooks, however I never read the newest books in the series.

ahah thats awesome, i'll make sure to check it out sometime

• 3 weeks later...

To bad Robert Jordan died before he finished the story.. I started reading "The Wheel of Time" in the early 90's, and when I first looked at his pic I thought "please don't die before it's done" and he did.. I better not say things like that about my wife..

To bad Robert Jordan died before he finished the story.. I started reading "The Wheel of Time" in the early 90's, and when I first looked at his pic I thought "please don't die before it's done" and he did.. I better not say things like that about my wife..

my friend read the latest one not that long ago with the new author who's finishing the story in place of Jordan and he said the new author did an amazing job keeping everything very similar to how Jordan would have written it

my friend read the latest one not that long ago with the new author who's finishing the story in place of Jordan and he said the new author did an amazing job keeping everything very similar to how Jordan would have written it

OH OH OH!! I must have missed it because it has a different author's name??!!?? Holy Cow, I'm heading to the bookstore!!

Thanks!!

OH OH OH!! I must have missed it because it has a different author's name??!!?? Holy Cow, I'm heading to the bookstore!!

Thanks!!

yep i believe #12 was released in october, the book was finished by a "Brandon Sanderson" and he is also writing the next few

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought it last night without ever seeing this thread before..

freakin epic

powered through the first one and most of the second during reading week.. ironically

although i probably should have been reading class material but w/e this is soo much more interesting

(edited)

I usually take my time reading books, read a chapter every couple days or so... I've only read two chapters, but I have to ask the question..

Is the game DragonAge based on this book? Blights... creators... Waders fighting trollocs.. The game should have been called wheel of time, but I guess that doesn't sound as cool.

Edited by .fx