Radeon X1650 Pro or HD 4550?

bushwack

Fanless eh? Either it doesn't get too hot naturally or you better make sure you have enough well working case fans. But it looks good.

Seems the 4550 only consumes about 20w under full load.

On another note, my old rig was running a Geforce FX 5200 with s-video. What a difference HDMI makes! My 50" Panny is only 720p, native res is 1360x768 but looks incredibly sharp for such a big old screen, I'm impressed. Think my wife might ditch her laptop on the couch.

For what it's worth I'm having all kinds of problems with the drivers for my agp1650xt card, I'm going to revert back to sp2 (using xp) real soon.

The X1650 that I have is PCI-E with hdmi, everything works great but the scratchy dried up fan.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a Lenovo handheld thingy here if you just want something small to toss around. These go on sale with a coupon in the $30 range every few weeks so far.

lenovo.jpg

We've got two old Logitech Presentation mice that use Bluetooth and a regular wireless keyboard that serves one couch and a wired that stays connected to the comp itself. Probably will get that Lenovo one soon though.

-Fk

I have this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823166094&Tpk=wkb3200ub

It works well, and has amazing range as it is 2.4Ghz. Only thing to watch out for is the sync button is on the bottom and if you bump it, you have to go back to the PC dongle and re-sync. I put a small foam washer around it and haven't bumped it since.

I have this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823166094&Tpk=wkb3200ub

It works well, and has amazing range as it is 2.4Ghz. Only thing to watch out for is the sync button is on the bottom and if you bump it, you have to go back to the PC dongle and re-sync. I put a small foam washer around it and haven't bumped it since.

Yeah that's the one I'm looking at, buy.com has it for $57 shipped. Worth the money tomatoes?

Also ordered this mouse when woot had it for only $15 last week, the egg wants 40. Hope it doesnt suck.

Flitter, that handheld thing looks cool but I prefer a regular KB, for gaming and such.

There is a Lenovo handheld thingy here if you just want something small to toss around. These go on sale with a coupon in the $30 range every few weeks so far.

lenovo.jpg

-Fk

Found a coupon that brings it down to $42 at the lenovo site, more tempting now.

Hmmm, decisions decisions. :D