TF2 Server Settings Suggestions

Unclean

Thanks Jackie!

Mic spamming - seems like the only kind of griefing I see these days in TF2, so that detector would be great.

Autobalance - I think it might be enabled, but we'd frequently have 2 more people on one team than the other. I think if you lower the imbalance # from 2 to 1, that should fix it (if that's what you did).

Respawn timers - I wonder if anyone has figured out those ideal respawn times already, and we could just implement those scripts. I'll do some hunting for them today.

What's the new map rotation? I see it's somehow back on CTF_2fort, but I thought mookie set it to dustbowl, goldrush or badwater.

Can we keep the rotation set to capture points or payload maps only for awhile? I think 2fort won't attract people, and people will leave if it goes from a cp to that.

The autobalance went off but it was hardly satisfactory. It detected a score imbalance or something like that and scrambled the teams between rounds. The map was a Payload map and the score disparity was due to offense/defense. A score balancer like this makes sense in ctf or cp, but the trigger should be more like 4 wins in a row -> scramble teams.

Also having a votescramble is basically worthless because there will always be 1 or 2 people that rage about their team and it seems like many people will assume that it is nothing more than someone getting owned and voting for a scramble because of it. A more versatile and logical auto scramble would be much better.

I also feel like this voting behavior is the case with rock the vote as well. Everyone has their most/least favorite maps and I would be quite happy with a simple standard rotation that's a mix of ctf, cp, and pl.

• 3 months later...

I have more suggestions! This is based off another server that's always hopping, and people frequently comment about how nice some of this stuff is:

-End of round immunity for members

-Hats for all

-Teleporters instantly recharge

-Medics start at 25% ubercharge