help w/ windows 7 ultimate media

Preacher

cmon preach...legit...$40...ebay...at a savings of $280

legit comes with a dvd and a key and proof of authenticity

if you needed a better price point, someone you know has to be a college student with access to the lower priced full version operating system -

before jan 3rd it was 29.99 and now I think its $70ish.

(edited)

Newegg sells it for $180. Anyway the COA is supposed to be in the mail to me, if it isn't legit I'll let you know. Most likely these are copies given away as promos to someone or business copies that weren't needed or something. The guy I got it from spouts a 100% rating with more than a few of them from keys to W7. If it isn't legit then I got screwed and won't use it anyway, but since I'm only asking for a copy of the media and not anyone's key here there is no deviousness to be feared from me.

So back to it does anyone here have a copy that they would be willing to copy and either upload to me an .iso or mail me a DVD. I will compensate you for the trouble.

Anybody?

Edited by Preacher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I was looking into getting Windows 7, and saw some of the keys people are selling on ebay. They are going for $20-$30 right now, and they are legit keys. And I found out how.

Microsoft has a community of professionals (developers, server admins, etc) to share knowledge, called the MSDN. You can get subscriptions that go up in price to several thousands of dollars per year. One of the perks of this membership is you can get access to Microsoft software, including Office and operating systems like Vista, Win7, etc. You can generate up to 10 keys per software version per subscription. So what's going on here is people get MSDN subscriptions through work, generate the keys, and sell them on ebay. It doesn't look like it's something Microsoft wants people doing:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/cc150618.aspx

The keys don't expire, but if the ebay seller sells the same key twice, Microsoft gets alerted and the account gets blacklisted. Then everyone that bought a key from that person loses their key too, and has to buy a new one.

That being said, I have a MSDN subscription through work, so I got some software from there for free. So they are legit keys, direct from Microsoft. Cool setup they have, but it's easily exploitable.

On a side note:

Update so far I have bought 3 W7U Keys and all have worked fine paid $25,$10 and then $24 so less than $60 upgraded all my PCs to W7U. All worked great, validated, registered and updated.

Wha? If I scroll up in this same thread:

I just got my key on eBay for $40. Can I get a copy of you DVD?

That being said, I have a MSDN subscription through work, so I got some software from there for free. So they are legit keys, direct from Microsoft. Cool setup they have, but it's easily exploitable.

I'm betting you'll be getting PM's soon...

I hadn't actually bought it yet at that point, after posting I went and purchased it and got it for $25. Sorry I didn't return and adjust the price, but thanks for calling me out.

I'm betting you'll be getting PM's soon...

Heh, good observation. I'm not looking to exploit anything either though.

I hadn't actually bought it yet at that point, after posting I went and purchased it and got it for $25. Sorry I didn't return and adjust the price, but thanks for calling me out.

Haha, np.

Unclean, aka Preacher's factchecker. "Keeping him honest since 2010"

<3