Tactical Intervention

[LaW]Maverick

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28474/Interview_CounterStrike_CoCreator_Minhs_Tactical_Intervention.php

This is interesting--it's too bad he's using a (now) dated engine like source, but the game looks like a LOT of fun...what do you guys think? There's a game-play video on the official website here: http://www.tactical-intervention.com/

That's because the concept was just Ghost in the Shell. :D

I feel like a problem with most mods is that they release "Alpha" or "Beta" versions and the developers usually get bored or tired of it and cancel the mod before a full release. Golden Eye mod has been in Beta forever, and it's still not that great. Other mods get announced but nothing ever sees the light of day. Black Mesa has been in development for longer than HL1 was and they don't even need to develop their own ideas, they all exist, they just have to recreate them. Even so, it's still not out yet.

I think I need to talk to him bout starting on that Mod with me instead.. 6 years?! I couldn't imagine a game taking that long to build.. Depends on his team size though..

Obviously you don't play Blizzard games.... How long has Starcraft 2 been in the making? I bet if you go back to when they first started with the concept of making it, it's been more than 6 years. Oh and Diablo 3 won't be released until next November at the earliest, that will be like 4 years on that already, and they have a habit of announcing release dates of games and then pushing it back another year or 2 to "perfect" it.

Edited by samurai nightling

There's a difference between a mod.. Which already has the bulk of the shell of the game, and then re-inventing the wheel for a new game.. and yes way to be a buzzkill and bring up DNF :(