Considering Locations

Fatty

Right now we have 2 serious locations to consider. The issues of having a 3 day event make renting out any normal place almost impossible.

1)McVhey's, where we had it last year. We can bring a generator for extra power. We could also arrange things a little different to accomodate perhaps 10-15 more people than last year. There's a bathroom, kitchen, and room out back to camp.

2)Someone's back yard (we'll call it Kemp's place), complete with a barn (not huge, we're going to check it out) with 2 floors, tennis court, nice pool, and lots of land.

We're still thinking about this and hope to come to a decision soon. Mini and I may get together Saturday and check out Kemp's place.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

fatty its spelled McVay's, and given enough heads up on this they could have alot more room then before with some creative planning. How many did you have at the last LAN?

BTW i'm personal friends, as is Watchtower with McVay

the square setup wasn't the best use of space, we can arrange it better. also, if I remember right, there was a lot of room around the periphery that had stuff piled up. would it be possible to have an "advance" team go clear out the room a day before we get there? I'd bet we could fit another 20 comps around the outside walls with stuff cleared away.

GC Founder

I'm sure if we gave enough notice, we could make it more efficient. However, you can't toss antique stuff outside.

Watchtower and Smoke and MIA.NCC will probably have to head up this "team" that you speak of if MicVeighs is the place, as they know him.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

I was thinking the same thing crowbar, we wasted alot of room at my LAN by doing the square, but if we lined them up on the outside wall or in big rows, we could definatly fit more people .

GC Founder

Last year we were very crowded by all the stuff...we pushed it all out as far as we could.

We should still keep our eyes open for a warehouse type deal with a little bit of land out back.

That second choice sounds ok, tennis court(Raven and I can play tennis but hes #1 on Tennis Team), Pool after some fraggin jump in cool off, and lots of land? hmm maybe we could play some...PAINTBALL?

GC Founder

Too far.

Reason being:

m0m is our primary LAN admin, wanna keep it close to him.

I will be primary setup dewd, wanna keep it close to me.

Mini will be forced to carry all heavy objects and he's up here to.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

hola,

I am checking in on a place right now in Massillon right off the RT.30

Capellini's Restarante & Banque 1008 9th St SW

Massillon, OH 44647

Phone: (330)834-0808

has a big hall tha normally fits 400 diners, I use to work there as a bartender/server

I checked and the date is open, and the assitant manager is getting back to me with price and GM's Approval.

what it has to offer

-during dining hours it has food

-has a bar

-has plenty of tables and chairs

-indoors

drawbacks as of now

-Can not bring our own beer, I am checking into the possibility of buying Kegs off of them

-may tap out the $50 per person

-possible power issues, will check

- do we have any idea how much power will be needed?

Smoke

$50 per person?!?!?!?!?

I know I ain't comin for that price, unless we all get steak dinners and free beer :D

Personally, I know I would want to bring my own alcohol too..

I hear the size of the place is ok.

I've been there for computer repairs before, and they recently changed management a month or two ago, but the people i've dealt with have been nice

Keep hunting I say

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

all im doing is checking for further options, i by no means am making any moves to finalize anything, thats your gig, i'll just help facilitate

GC Founder

Here's why that urks me.....

Soul messages me today, asking me the location of Kemps, and starts researching hotels with that as the center. If you've read around all the threads, it's obvious that we're going to make use of Kemp's facilities, and it's also obvious that it is going to be kept somewhere close by. He was a great help and got things rolling in the idea stream.

I don't know how you may have missed that part about keeping it near Kemps. I know you're just suggesting places that you know, in your locale, that's understandable, but when you post, I always sense a bit more than just "hey, here's an idea." Maybe it's me, maybe I'm just hung up on some of the other things that have gone down between us and I need to shake those so I can look at your posts through clean glasses. I don't know, but that's the story.

Just tossing ideas out is not a bad thing, please don't get me wrong.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests
(edited)

all i was doing was offering suggestions in case the others didn't work out.

the place I suggest is actually closer and more accessible then McVays

I have not missed all of the "Kemp" discussions, but it seemed to me like everything was still alil up in the air.

I'm sorry , there is no underlying motive here, I'm just trying to be helpful

Edited by Smoke