My Troubles

samurai nightling

Don't ya just love coming home, going to log into the computer, only to find that it won't boot into Windows no matter what you do. And then you realize you don't have any saved images to revert to, or any restore points, with no external harddrive. And then your only choice is a fresh install/reformat and you just think of all the data you just lost, forever, (until you can redownload it all) Yes, that happened to me last night.

And then today, wake up to hear water running in your house, but nothing is on or running, but you hear the pipes flowing like crazy, and you look out at the street to see water shooting out of you water meter. Ah the best 24 hours I've had in a long time...

The last time that happened was back in 2002. From that point I always kept my data on a backup drive. What's really crappy is when your C drive is fine and your backup drive fails. <- That happen back in 2004. Hard drives seem to be a little more stable now days.

• 1 month later...

So this happened to my computer AGAIN. It just kept sitting on the glowing windows picture like it was still loading windows but would never go from there. I finally just bought a new harddrive at Bestbuy last week, another 500gb Seagate barracuda SATA. So far it works fine, and i think the harddrive was just going crappy on me. Now I got a 1TB portable drive but its more meant for laptops, since the USB cord is like 8 inches long, so i think I'm returning it for a full size external for backing up everything, anyone have any program suggestions for backing up my system? I saw many that will create a disk image of your entire drive but they also cost money. Any free ones out there?