!rank and !vote ideas

crunchyorphan

Crasx's post made me think of a couple ideas - not really plugins but just tweaks.

First off, when someone wants to inspect their rank, a message should be shown telling their rank that everyone can see. I have seen this on other servers, and it is nice to be able to show off my rank. Also, I think it would be a little competitive edge to the server and some added fun.

On a much more important note, the !vote system! I know radioknight informed me that we are aware of the voting problem where either people press "1" because the rank info comes up at the same time as the map vote options, or because they want the popup to go away, but the map Dead Center has been waaaay overplayed since the implementation of this mapvoting. I believe a solution would be to either put 3 or so choices up at a time, which are randomized, or to make it so that one map is not offered twice in a row.

I'm sure other members will agree with me on the whole Dead Center issue though... right? I'm having nightmares about finding gas cans.

Sounds good to me. Yes, I think when the vote box comes up and people are busy, they just hit 1 to get rid of it.

Also, no one is going to flip to the second map page and choose Cold Stream (and there's one other one on that second page, I forget). So some randomization would definitely be appreciated.

Frankly, I liked the rotation a lot better. It meant all the maps got play and there was no messing around with voting when attention was needed in the game. Also, a lot of the players that were there at the end of the campaign to vote are likely quitting, so their opinion is moot.

Dead Center was overplayed before because of the frequent crashes, now its even more overplayed.

I like and dislike voting. I agree that because of it, some maps get played too often and other don't get played enough. I feel the idea of putting up just 3 maps, and having them randomized each time would work best. However I'm not sure Jackie can code that or not.

If people do accidentally just hit 1 due to it popping up randomly or some other reason, you can always type !vote and pick another number you actually wanted. Once you vote it isn't set in stone, you can revote before everyone gets their vote in. That's as much as i can think to say on this topic lol.