Diablo 3 NDA Lifted

ValenAlvern

Wait for it as well: D3 will be $60 bucks. You have my word on it. You can thank Activision for starting a trend to have PC games cost 60.

Of course it will be $60, Starcraft 2 was $60. I think of all the crappy games I bought at $50, an extra $10 is worth it for the most likely awesome game Diablo 3 will be.

Games for the PC have been $50 forever yet the cost to make them has skyrocketed, it was only a matter of time before the prices increased.

What I mean is I'm tired of new DLC like new maps every 3 months or new this or new that and everytime they want to charge you $15-$20 for this new material. When this should of all been thought of, put in the game originally so that it has enough variety to keep you entertained for a long period of time without the need to constantly release this stuff. It's a huge moneymaking scheme that really irritates me with newer games today.

I agree with FK that all they need to do is update the game regularly, maybe do an expansion pack at least a year down the road, not 3 months, and also not charge me for this crap. I think my big beef is really more with CoD than any other game because it's fun, but they are always releasing new maps that they want to charge you for and before you can even download it, they announce call of duty modern warfare 45!, coming in 30 days -_-.

Also none of those D2 mods are official from blizzard, which is what i was talking about. Blizzard doesn't release mods of their own really for the game. Hence why I played D2 for years without any.

Also why i get tired of content coming out for games, i think it's because I don't want to spend the rest of my life on a game, i want to have it, enjoy it, maybe a couple years, then feel like I've played it enough that I can buy something different and move on. CS:S was no different, though I played it longer than any other game, I kinda moved on, and the day they ever release a newer CS I'll prolly drop D3 and move on to that. Or try to play them simultaneously :)

And another side rant, people playing WoW who started the day it was released, MOVE ON. lol

Well duh, game companies do not make mods. Mods get made and released by the customers themselves i.e. Counter Strike. If you've never heard of Median XL and are itching to play some kind of Diablo while Diablo 3 slowly takes it time check it out (http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/). Also I can understand being frustrated by DLC's, I hate them too. It's a lot more profitable for a company to make small content and release it for around 10-15 dollars than spending the time on a proper expansion pack. I'm not saying that games should keep you entertained forever, but I hate when companies refuse to let the users fool around with them.

Yeah everything ive read for their reason for the online connection is to prevent the use of and monitor bots, hacking, and the like. It will keep the game more legit, because every character you have will have to be through your connection to them as opposed to making one offline that somehow could be hacked and then brought online. I worded it poorly but u get the jist of it.