Textures +

Shazz

Misa's 64x64. For a 64x64 pack it looks absolutely amazing, plus it doesnt lag out the game as much as the 128x128 or 256x256 ones.

When you say "lagging out the game" is that client side hardware dependent, or does it affect your connection to the server? I've got pretty high-end stuff, so I would think it would run well, right?

Yeah the "lag" I speak of is all client side. I also have what I consider pretty high end stuff, but even a 64x64 texture pack causes it to load the map slowly sometimes and stutter the picture when i move. Just a quick specs of my PC, Q9550 at 3.01ghz, evga GTX 260, 8GB RAM, 500GB hdd. You honestly would think this game being as simple as it is graphically should NEVER lag on your end, however it really does eat up resources and part of it may be Java's fault. A computer with 1/4 my specs should be able to run the game theoretically but in all honestly, it can't. I tried it once, and just couldn't even play. I was even playing yesterday and lost connection a couple times due to "running out of virtual memory" or some other error. The game is buggy there's no doubt.

Therefore in conclusion i say use a 128x128 or 264x264 and see how it runs. If it's fine, go for it, they look awesome. If not the 64x64 ones are very nice while keeping the game manageable graphically.

Edited by samurai nightling

Cool. my laptop has an i7, but graphics card is low-end (GT 425M). Isn't this more CPU dependent though? I've never had an issue with lag on the laptop with default textures. Desktop with the i5 and GTX 570 may be able to handle the higher res ones, i'll give it a go tonight!