Zoey's kinda stiff

Cinkadeus

Anyone seeing Zoey's animations a little off? I thought maybe it was just my office PC but then I tested at home and it was the same thing. She just floats around. Can't tell when she's down unless she's yelling for help. Out of the 8 survivors she was the only one screwing up. Anyone else seeing this or am I just losing it?

We were all seeing it last night. So obviously it isn't client side. It could be something up with either the server, or the game files. Was there an update recently? Could of messed up something with an update.

This is more of a question for Jackie, if it persists and we can't fix it, is there a way to have only 7 of the 8 survivor models and eliminate Zoey for the time being?

It's part of the new crash course update. ValvE, being wordly known for things such as ValvE Time, and not testing bugs after they've exhausted ValvE Time (the art of taking way too long to produce products that are still way too buggy)

have gone and broken the Zoey models. What you're seeing is T-Pose for everything. For some reason, Zoey's animations are not being called when they should be. If anything, the positive is you can be a little more sneaky now!

VaLvE time is like bullet time... Development goes all slow-moey and you dodge patches like bullets.

Creating a patch for a game at Valve is like playing those minigames in Action games where you have to mash X to fill a gauge of some kind. At Valve theres a Gaben Hunger Gauge and a Patch Game Gauge, Gaben Hunger Gauge goes down to quickly, and the Patch Game Gauge fills up too slowly. Tf2 gets patched right away because the first tick in the Patch Game Gauge is TF2. This how I see it, since this why it takes them forever to actually make a REAL patch for the game instead of "lol new mutation."

Edited by ValenAlvern

We may need to see if we can turn the Zoey model off. It was affecting gameplay today. This guy was nearly voted out because they thought he was just standing there AFK when, in fact, he was incapped while still standing. I think there's a cvars option to limit the amount of Zoey models spawned or just disable it entirely.

This guy was nearly voted out because they thought he was just standing there AFK when, in fact, he was incapped while still standing.

Are people that bad that they don't pay attention to glows anymore?

Do you even have to ask? :biglaugha:

Nevermind the fact she's screaming, "I'M DOWN! OH DEAR GOD SOMEONE HELP ME!"

There is also a bug with the glows. Zoeys do no glow whatsoever unless they are actively firing a weapon like an automatic. And even then it goes away very shortly after. So most of the time they're ninjas that even running full speed won't give a glow. So if the team has 5 zoeys, it's really hard on the infected

Found out that a .vpk was missing on the server, but present on my computer. Uploaded the missing .vpk file from my computer to the server in hopes that it fixes it.

*edit

Uploaded the .vpk file on GC's test l4d2 server and after a restart, it worked. I was right. It was something Valve screwed up yet again.

• 3 weeks later...