Kicked out of my slot for my slot, banned for an hour shortly thereafter

MattKemp

So most of you were there, but to recap:

I had been trying to join the server for about five to ten minutes, and finally got in on the Infected side. About two minutes later, I was kicked because of "member reservation" with an open spectator slot for members to join. Naturally, as I had never seen this before, I tried to see who had kicked me and why. I had multiple friends in game, as well as my two brothers, who were all playing - the Survivor round just started, not a lot of time for talking, you know, lol. So I heard Tirtul{sorry again} say during one of my brief visits: (something like)"Just forget about the whole matt thing, its over" into chat, which angered me greatly - I'm so low you just kick me and forget about me? Really? So then I heard from someone in game that Chick had stolen my spot from spectator by having me kicked, and got all mad about it (Chick, having already been mad at me for multiple things in the past (see my status updates for one)). Anyway, I digress, and when I finally got in (as a dead survivor;I think Kira joined spectator so I could join - if so, thanks), I asked her why she kicked me, and isn't that what the spectator slots are for? At this point, yes I was tinkled off, but I don't think I was being hostile - perhaps I was wrong, but again, I digress. She told me over voice chat that she had been waiting forever and that "I pay and you don't so too bad", and before I could argue my case, I was banned by Jackie for an hour- Reason: "You must have something better to do with your time", and as I look now, I see he's deleted the reason, well done, that was quick.

Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that if this happened to anyone else, they'd be as tinkled off as I am. I'm pretty sure I'm at least considered a regular, I played on and off on different computers from June through July, and I got my own in August, and have reached rank 57 since - you look up the hours I've played. I've always followed the rules to the letter (meh, one or maybe two times not too strictly), I always am in the back helping the new people out, and I NEVER leave a teammate behind. I've always liked this server more than any of the others, and was contemplating joining at the end of the month - but if this is what I can expect for me to become, screw it, I'd rather not be a member.

Anyways, so why was Chick deemed better than me - I had to join and rejoin and rejoin for ten minutes while she could sit there and join from spectator - a lot easier. Why should I be punished and kicked for her not paying attention? And why was I just banned again with no explanation? No nothing, just banned - later found out for an hour - for "You must have something better to do with your time"? Really?

First off(only bc I get this a lot) I am not an admin, I have never been an admin the only girl admin is CAKE not CHICK, so I want people to have that clear in their minds. I have no control except !votekick like we all do and even that the team still decides.

Second off I think a lot of this got out of hand a lot quicker than anyone intended and so I think things could of been done differently so here is what I have to say.

I had went afk in the finale of Dead Center and it went to Sacrafice, and it was full so I waited, when map 2 came up it looked like no one was going to leave so I got up to get some water, and when i got back I saw that Matt had just joined, so I asked Tirtul if he could kick matt since he wasn't a member. Now I could of asked Matt in chat but I didn't so for that I'm sorry. But as soon as I joined in it was an attack Chick she kicked or had Matt kicked, even joking it wasn't funny, because I had been waiting. So I was being given grief and Tirtul being an admin can hear anything but he made the comment about it being Over with, it wasn't anything towards you Matt it was to the people on my team who were commenting about the kick. So it wasn't meant like "Oh forget about Matt", if that makes sense. So Matt kept trying to rejoin after the kick with the occasional comment about member slot reservation and finally was able to get in. Jackie had commented on just letting it go and it was over and done with. Well when Matt got in he was upset (I understand why he like I had been waiting forever) once he got in he kept on about it so I lashed out and said "look I have been waiting, and you I am a member and you aren't so drop it" (I know it was a childish kinda of My Dad can Beat up your Dad kinda of thing) but dealing with it from people on my team, to reading what he wrote about being kicked, to finally him being on the team I was just over it. I know things could of been handled differently and I have since e-mailed and talked to Matt. I think a few things got out of hand.

1) I could of asked Matt instead of Tirtul unless matt was a butt and was like no you can't have the spot(lol) have to have a little humor.

2) Members do get perks. BUT I very very rarely have anyone kicked or ask to have someone kicked I'll wait like most of us do BUT when we've been waiting and someone gets in because we didn't type fast enough or turned our heads that shouldn't lead to an all out ragefest.

Thats all I have to say.

eSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_down' (930) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_down' (930) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_down' (930) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_twistLeft' (886) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_cough3' (980) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_cough3' (980) without Activity!

Hot Cheesecake : !rebuy

JyKri : !buy

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_cough1' (964) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_cough1' (964) without Activity!

Player Applejack <STEAM_1:0:29205224> connected from country United States

#Cstrike_TitlesTXT_Game_connected

CBaseClientState::FileDenied: downloads/40ab64cf.dat.

Server IP is l4d.gcftw.com.

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_head_twistLeft' (886) without Activity!

Applejack was kicked due to spectator slots reservation.

Player Applejack <STEAM_1:0:29205224> has left the game

Chick : !buy

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_pointLeft_quick' (926) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_pointLeft_quick' (926) without Activity!

Player Matt Kemp the HERO <STEAM_1:0:42748805> connected from country United States

[GC-EXP] Aeth has reached level 3!

*SPEC* Matt Kemp the HERO : Tirtul.gc : dont worry about matt... its over and done withWow Tirtul' date=' I thought you were cool too.

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_vomit01' (991) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_vomit01' (991) without Activity!

Matt Kemp the HERO was kicked due to spectator slots reservation.

Player Matt Kemp the HERO <STEAM_1:0:42748805> has left the game

www.gcftw.com

[GC'] Longshot! + 2 points

[GC] You must wait before you can use this command again!

(Survivor) Aeth : !buy

(Survivor) Bones : !points

Player Matt Kemp the HERO <STEAM_1:0:42748805> connected from country United States

(Survivor) Aeth : !heal

[GC] Head Hunter + 2 points

(Survivor) Bones : !sp aeth 8

Heiyuu : !buy

(Survivor) Desterion : !point

(Survivor) Aeth : !points

*SPEC* Matt Kemp the HERO : Tirtul.gc : dont worry about matt... its over and done withWow Tirtul, I thought you were cool too. Thats messed up, man

Help your teammates and your teammates will help you.

(Survivor) Desterion : !points

(Survivor) Heiyuu : !sp aeth 8

(Survivor) Aeth : !heal

Hot Cheesecake : !buy

[GC] IRiSH_SpRinG died! There are 9 Survivors left!

IRiSH_SpRinG : !buy

IRiSH_SpRinG : !sp cheese 8

[GC] IRiSH_SpRinG has given you 8 points!

Aeth : !sp irish 5

Please read the MOTD for server rules and guidelines.

(Survivor) Bones : !points

999 : !points

IRiSH_SpRinG : !sp cheese 8

(Survivor) Bones : !sp hot 3

(Survivor) Bones : !sp hot 3

IRiSH_SpRinG : !sp cheese 5

[GC] IRiSH_SpRinG has given you 5 points!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_pointLeft_quick' (923) without Activity!

Hot Cheesecake : !heal

[GC] Successfully Bought a Full Heal!

(Survivor) Bones : !sp Hot 3

(Survivor) Aeth : !sp cheese 1

[GC] Aeth has given you 1 points!

[GC] Hot Cheesecake died! There are 8 Survivors left!

Player: Hot Cheesecake - Damage Given

-------------------------

Damage Given to "[H316] S-Dub" - 71 in 2 hits

Damage Given to "Heiyuu" - 0 in 1 hit

Damage Given to "Headshot-Charlie" - 0 in 6 hits

Damage Given to "Aeth" - 0 in 2 hits

Damage Given to "Desterion" - 0 in 2 hits

Damage Given to "IRiSH_SpRinG" - 0 in 4 hits

Damage Given to "Kira-mama" - 0 in 1 hit

Damage Given to "999" - 0 in 2 hits

Damage Given to "cannedStar" - 32 in 1 hit

Damage Given to "Paroxysm" - 84 in 4 hits

Damage Given to "MechanicaL" - 52 in 2 hits

Damage Given to "Missing Sock" - 103 in 3 hits

Player: Hot Cheesecake - Damage Taken

-------------------------

Damage Taken from "[H316] S-Dub" - 10 in 1 hit

Damage Taken from "Kira-mama" - 0 in 17 hits

Damage Taken from "Chick" - 0 in 6 hits

Damage Taken from "Desterion" - 0 in 1 hit

Damage Taken from "NORMAL" - 35 in 24 hits

Damage Taken from "Heiyuu" - 0 in 4 hits

Damage Taken from "Paroxysm" - 44 in 6 hits

Damage Taken from "IRiSH_SpRinG" - 0 in 1 hit

Damage Taken from "|LGC| Technotic" - 25 in 2 hits

Damage Taken from "world" - 113 in 1 hit

Kira-mama : ~_~

Play CSS? Join us at linux.gcftw.com

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_pointLeft_quick' (923) without Activity!

Sess1on : !buy

Player JackieChan.gc <STEAM_1:0:546619> connected from country United States

Sess1on : lulz buy a spot

Player <Dihydrogen_Monoxide> <STEAM_1:1:31342059> connected from country United States

[H316] S-Dub : !buy

Reserve your spot - join the Coalition.

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_gogo' (931) without Activity!

<Dihydrogen_Monoxide> was kicked due to spectator slots reservation.

Player <Dihydrogen_Monoxide> <STEAM_1:1:31342059> has left the game

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: MATT IS NOT A PAYING MEMBER. CHICK IS. END OF STORY.

Headshot-Charlie : !points

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: PLEASE STOP witchING ABOUT IT

Stick together! Rushing and abandoning people may result in a kick/temporary ban.

(Survivor) Kira-mama : !points

[GC-EXP] Bones has reached level 45!

Hot Cheesecake : !sp hei 3

[GC] You have given 3 points to Heiyuu

Headshot-Charlie : !heal

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'TeenAngst_gesture_gogo' (877) without Activity!

Leave the racism and ignorant behavior at the door please.

*SPEC* Matt Kemp the HERO : Hey Chick, thats what slot reservation was for. There was a Spectator slot open you could've joined, you didn't have to kick me

*SPEC* Matt Kemp the HERO : Hey Chick, thats what slot reservation was for. There was a Spectator slot open you could've joined, you didn't have to kick me

Kira-mama : lol

Headshot-Charlie : !ammo

Kira-mama : this team

[H316] S-Dub : lol

Heiyuu : !heal

[H316] S-Dub : love you kira mama

Kira-mama : !afk

[JBTP] Kira-mama has been moved to the Spectator team.

(Survivor) Bones : !sp head 15

|LGC| Technotic : lol

Teams imbalanced? Type !votescramble to bring up a vote.

|LGC| Technotic : hi kira

Heiyuu : !ammo

*SPEC* Kira-mama : yp

Sess1on : lulz

*SPEC* Kira-mama : yo*

[GC] Matt Kemp the HERO died! There are 7 Survivors left!

(Survivor) Bones : !ammo

Aeth : !heala

[H316] S-Dub : !temas

Join the Server's Steam Group on the MOTD screen for announcements and events!

[H316] S-Dub : !teams

Aeth : !heal

(Survivor) Aeth : !points

Sess1on : !buy

Matt Kemp the HERO : ty for whoever joined spec, btw

[GC] Aeth died! There are 6 Survivors left!

Aeth : !sp a all

To switch teams, type either !infected or !survivors in chat. If both don't work, both teams are full.

*SPEC* Kira-mama : twas i

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_head_twistLeft' (948) without Activity!

[GC-EXP] MechanicaL has reached level 76!

[GC] 999 died! There are 5 Survivors left!

[H316] S-Dub has earned the achievement RUNNING BACK

Players that have offensive or profanic words in their names may be kicked/banned without warning.

JyKri : !cp

[H316] S-Dub : !teams

(Survivor) Desterion : !sp chick 5

999 : !sp chick 13

(Survivor) Heiyuu : !buy

(Survivor) Heiyuu : !sp chick 7

IRiSH_SpRinG : man it always feels like we play the same map on this server

Please don't knowingly stack teams. It will make you look bad, and probably get a boot to the head for it.

(Survivor) Bones : !ammo

*SPEC* Kira-mama : cause it's always resetting

ValenAlvern : THe only maps I see be played is No mercy and Dead Center

IRiSH_SpRinG : WOW YOU BANNED HIM

[GC] Chick died! There are 4 Survivors left!

respawn position timer successfully killed

IRiSH_SpRinG : Matt Kemp plays here all the time

Welcome to gcftw.com's L4D2 10v10 server.

(Survivor) Aeth : votemap ^_^

(Survivor) Bones : !teams

(Survivor) Aeth : carnival

Sess1on : so

IRiSH_SpRinG : hes cool

Player zakkiyama <STEAM_1:0:27349068> connected from country Japan

Left 4 Dead 2

Map: c7m3_port

Players: 22 (0 bots) / 20 humans

Build: 4710

Server Number: 8

ConVarRef z_versus_wandering_density doesn't point to an existing ConVar

CAsyncWavDataCache: 2847 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

Duplicate sequence 3 in sheet file

ConVarRef zcs_version doesn't point to an existing ConVar

SetConVar: No such cvar ( zcs_version set to 0.9.2), skipping

Got pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 2.

Error! Variable "$blendframes" is multiply defined in material "particle/smoke1/smoke1_add_nearcull"!

Redownloading all lightmaps

Player Hot Cheesecake <STEAM_1:1:43649001> connected from country United States

Receiving uncompressed update from server

FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: bind

Player [H316] S-Dub <STEAM_1:0:15037446> connected from country United States

Player Chick <STEAM_1:0:27593701> connected from country United States

Player zakkiyama <STEAM_1:0:27349068> has left the game

Player Kira-mama <STEAM_1:0:35382654> connected from country United States

[JBTP] Found Kira-mama on None team. Moved them back to Spectator.

Press the ZOOM key as ghost to change zombie class.

Player JackieChan.gc <STEAM_1:0:546619> connected from country United States

[JBTP] Found JackieChan.gc on None team. Moved them back to Spectator.

Player Paroxysm <STEAM_1:1:25202811> connected from country United States

Player Sess1on <STEAM_1:0:129389> connected from country United States

Player Tirtul.gc <STEAM_1:0:4529164> connected from country United States

Player |LGC| Technotic <STEAM_1:1:17020718> connected from country United States

Player JyKri <STEAM_1:1:40572177> connected from country Canada

Player Desterion <STEAM_1:1:16479444> connected from country United States

Welcome to gcftw.com's L4D2 10v10 server.

[GC] [H316] S-Dub opened the saferoom door!

Server cvar 'l4d_maxplayers' changed to 22

[GC] Sess1on was the first one out of the saferoom!

Server connection timed out.

CAsyncWavDataCache: 2858 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

BinkOpen( c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media\l4d2_background05.bik )

] connect 216.52.148.77:27015

Connecting to public(216.52.148.77:27015)

Sending UDP connect to public IP 216.52.148.77:27015

Server using '<none>' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id 0

RememberIPAddressForLobby: lobby 0 from address 216.52.148.77:27015

CSteam3Client::InitiateConnection: 216.52.148.77:27015

Connected to 216.52.148.77:27015

Left 4 Dead 2

Map: c1m1_hotel

Players: 14 (0 bots) / 20 humans

Build: 4710

Server Number: 2

CAsyncWavDataCache: 2858 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

Error! Variable "$blendframes" is multiply defined in material "particle/smoke1/smoke1_add_nearcull"!

ConVarRef zcs_version doesn't point to an existing ConVar

SetConVar: No such cvar ( zcs_version set to 0.9.2), skipping

Got pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 2.

Redownloading all lightmaps

Player Hot Cheesecake <STEAM_1:1:43649001> connected from country United States

Receiving uncompressed update from server

Server cvar 'l4d_maxplayers' changed to 22

[GC] |LGC| Technotic was the first one out of the saferoom!

[GC] Tanks alive: 1/3

[GC] Tanks alive: 1/3

IRiSH_SpRinG : admin was kind of being a baby

MechanicaL : new map?

(Survivor) |LGC| Technotic : !repeatbuy

www.gcftw.com

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: I was kind of a baby?

Player Tirtul.gc <STEAM_1:0:4529164> connected from country United States

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: because I banned him

IRiSH_SpRinG : why was he banned?

Hot Cheesecake : YES YOU WERE

(Survivor) Paroxysm : !points

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_pointLeft' (831) without Activity!

StartGestureSceneEvent tried to start sequence 'namvet_gesture_pointLeft' (831) without Activity!

Player Kira-mama <STEAM_1:0:35382654> connected from country United States

[sM] Teams are unlocked now, you may change them on your own.

Player Headshot-Charlie <STEAM_1:0:19177810> connected from country Estonia

Help your teammates and your teammates will help you.

Player Heiyuu <STEAM_1:1:1636547> connected from country Unknown

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: Matt wouldn't stop witching about his spot when it was given up to a PAYING MEMBER

[GC-EXP] Aeth has reached level 1!

Tirtul.gc : did we want another map... we just played this

Sess1on : new map

Hot Cheesecake : rather than deal with the issue you just ban

Sess1on : parish

IRiSH_SpRinG : one sentence is witching?

Kira-mama : put on parish

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: and he decides to SPAM THE SERVER?

Chick : no mercy

Kira-mama : and who cares if he was witching about the spot

Please read the MOTD for server rules and guidelines.

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: Take it to the forums. don't complain here

Player ValenAlvern <STEAM_1:1:17510354> connected from country United States

Kira-mama : members get slots, no if ands or buts about it

[GC] Killed Tank + 2 points

[GC] Tanks alive: 0/3

IRiSH_SpRinG : oh I will

Kira-mama : he'll have to deal with it

[sM] Tirtul.gc: Initiated a vote: map choices

Player MillerLiteHL <STEAM_1:1:36814457> connected from country United States

(ALL) JackieChan.gc: for the love of god. seriously, stop complaining on the server about it. it was only for an hour anyway

IRiSH_SpRinG : And the complaint will be against you

Play CSS? Join us at linux.gcftw.com

Hot Cheesecake : SO TELL HIM TO TAKE IT TO THE FORUMS BEFORE BANNING

(Survivor) |LGC| Technotic : !buy

[GC-EXP] Aeth has reached level 2!

IRiSH_SpRinG : seriously

[sM] Vote successful. (Received 40% of 15 votes)

[sM] The answer to map choices is: dark carnival.

Sess1on : just play

MechanicaL : lol

IRiSH_SpRinG : My complaint is with YOU

Kira-mama : complaint against who?

[GC] Survivors Reached Checkpoint! + 1 points

[VOTE] Tirtul.gc initiated a ChangeMission vote.

Sess1on : ffs

Kira-mama : i find this lols

IRiSH_SpRinG : JACKIE

CAsyncWavDataCache: 2983 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity

BinkOpen( c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\media\l4d2_background05.bik )

As can be seen here, Matt Kemp was never warned that his actions might result in a ban. JackieChan.gc told us to stop complaining- but not while Matt was in game. Matt Kemp can't have been expected to get the message. JackieChan.gc had ample time to warn Matt Kemp after he was able to get into the game- but instead decided to go straight to ban. The reasons for his ban were not laid out until after the fact and not ever to him. JackieChan.gc said Matt Kemp was wrong for complaining about his kick and spamming the server. Neither of these are stated rules. The spamming occurred before Matt Kemp was able to grab a spot in-game. After Matt Kemp got into the game he did not spam once, though he did begin to question the player who took his spot (Chick) over voice chat. Again if JackieChan.gc wanted him to stop a warning might have been appropriate- but instead he decided Matt Kemp deserved a ban for violating rules that were never stated and warnings that were never given.

As Matt Kemp stated above, he was not aware (along with myself and many others) that non-paying members would be kicked for paying ones. We thought the spot that members paid for was the spectator slot. If it is now your policy to kick non-paying members in favor of paying ones, say so. If you want someone to stop complaining, tell him.

I see now that Matt Kemp was banned for one hour (either at the time or after the fact), which makes this complaint almost moot. It just would have been nice to get a warning instead of going straight for the ban and an explanation of the rules.

Hot Cheesecake

1. Thanks for making a topic about this so it's open for discussion.

I was banned by Jackie for an hour- Reason: "You must have something better to do with your time", and as I look now, I see he's deleted the reason, well done, that was quick.

What? Are you saying that I edited the reason on the SourceBans site? If so, the reason you were banned was "Player got kicked to make room for a paying member. Player keeps complaining about how his spot was taken and spamming it on the server." That's what I put from the ban page and I didn't edit any reason, so I don't know where you got that from. I consider every issue regarding a ban a serious one and I don't try to hide anything. Everything is out in the open for discussion and that's how GC operates.

3. A lot of the time it is not exercised (probably like 95% of the time it doesn't), but paying members do get, for lack of a better word, dibs on player slots so the person with the least amount of time on the server is liable to get kicked for a paying member so they can play. It even says so here at the bottom of the page and has been stated there for over a year. Since the L4D server doesn't have a good reserve slot plugin on it, the duty of things falls upon admins to take care of it. You were kicked to make room for a paying member. You also mentioned that Kira "made room for you" by joining spectators. Kira is also a member, so members can't be kicked for other members. Chick was, to my understanding, waiting for a spot. Now let me ask you this: When you got the spot, did you just join the server, or were you sitting in spec at the time of joining a team?

Let me see if I can get the whole series of events down just so I have a better understanding of everything as well. For arguments sake, let's say the server had 20 players in game (10 on each side making them full).

L 11/13/2011 - 01:39:06: "Chick<0:27593701>

<1:23111438>

<1:23111438>

<0:42748805>

<0:4529164>!

<0:4529164>

<0:27593701>

Bravo Jackie, you always pull through. I don't know what Chick was doing at the time, but I do remember before The Passing, on the Finale of Dead Center after playing as a Survivor she had to go, so she moved herself to Spectator/AFK, I wasn't really paying attention when Matt Kemp and Chick fiasco had happen. Personally since it is stated in the group forums, the game server should state "Look at the L4D2 Group for More Rules" yadda yadda, seeing as how filling up the Message of the Day with this, would be pointless as many people don't even read it to begin with. Either way they should be seen in the server, "Paid Members get reserves over Non-Paying Members" or something like that. I dont really pay attention to what the cycles are for the messages for I have looked at the Group Rules/Conduct, I assume they're represented in the server.

How Matt acted was a bit over-dramatic since it was only an hour ban and not 1 day, 1 week, 1 year, or lifetime bans. Same goes for anyone else that had acted up in the server when it happened, I assume they were friends of yours or other regulars. Just be glad that GC is a mature group and not like most groups where Admins word is like the word of God, and unable to plea

EDIT: Also welcome to the forums Hot Cheesecake, just didnt think it'd be in this thread

Edited by ValenAlvern

As soon as you join, you spam chat with that and I said enough is enough and I banned you for an hour.

The whole situation got WAY out of hand. No one bothers to read rules anymore or anything. Tirtul was in the right place to do what he did to make room for a paying member. The ban shouldn't have happened at all, but it did because, again, it got WAY out of hand and I had to, like a Counter-Terrorist, defuse the situation.

For the reasons you gave, you know what, it's fine that you kicked me - Chick's a paying member and I'm not. That's 100% fine with me, but I did not know that that was the reason I was just kicked - the same situation has happened in the past, and I've never seen someone kicked for a member. It just made me angry, the way you did it - just a kick for "member reservation" then I have to figure out what happened by other friends in game.

I never had a problem with Tirtul, his comment just came in at a bad time. It did get out of hand, but I was mainly just trying to find out WHY I was kicked more than anything. I also wasn't trying to spam, just a lot happens in chat in the server, and I wanted to get my message across so someone could tell me why or something, I'm not really the spamming kind of guy......lol.....It just seemed like the ban was overdoing it - I didn't think I had done anything "ban worthy"

I think most of it happened when I was banned - I was talking (again, maybe I got too hostile or whatever) with Chick to figure out why I was kicked in the first place, and BAM! Banned, and of course it didn't have a time limit, and since I like this server a lot, I really got angry, because I didn't even know why - it seemed to me like a dodge "I'm wrong and I don't want to admit it" type of thing, and when everyone else heard, well, all hell broke loose, I'm assuming. It's just neither the kick nor the ban had much of any explanation to them, and that would've really helped. As I already told Chick, if she (or anyone else) had simply ASKED for the slot, I probably would've given it up. It's just the way in which it was handled seemed a lot like "Oh, just kick him so I can play, who cares" and then Tirtul's comment on top of it.....

All in all, it just got blown way out of proportion and will probably blow over by tomorrow, but it just made me angry in the way I was kicked/banned with no real reason (or time limit).

I was banned by Jackie for an hour- Reason: "You must have something better to do with your time", and as I look now, I see he's deleted the reason, well done, that was quick.

What? Are you saying that I edited the reason on the SourceBans site? If so, the reason you were banned was "Player got kicked to make room for a paying member. Player keeps complaining about how his spot was taken and spamming it on the server." That's what I put from the ban page and I didn't edit any reason, so I don't know where you got that from. I consider every issue regarding a ban a serious one and I don't try to hide anything. Everything is out in the open for discussion and that's how GC operates.

I know, and I've been here long enough to know, that, c'mon Jackie! I probably saw that from the quotes at the bottom, but it was a few minutes after I was banned, and I could've sworn I saw it there, but if you say it wasn't I'll believe you over me any day of the week haha.....I must've been seeing red lol...

Bravo Jackie, you always pull through. I don't know what Chick was doing at the time, but I do remember before The Passing, on the Finale of Dead Center after playing as a Survivor she had to go, so she moved herself to Spectator/AFK, I wasn't really paying attention when Matt Kemp and Chick fiasco had happen. Personally since it is stated in the group forums, the game server should state "Look at the L4D2 Group for More Rules" yadda yadda, seeing as how filling up the Message of the Day with this, would be pointless as many people don't even read it to begin with. Either way they should be seen in the server, "Paid Members get reserves over Non-Paying Members" or something like that. I dont really pay attention to what the cycles are for the messages for I have looked at the Group Rules/Conduct, I assume they're represented in the server.

How Matt acted was a bit over-dramatic since it was only an hour ban and not 1 day, 1 week, 1 year, or lifetime bans. Same goes for anyone else that had acted up in the server when it happened, I assume they were friends of yours or other regulars. Just be glad that GC is a mature group and not like most groups where Admins word is like the word of God, and unable to plea

If you were not paying attention you did not see what happened, but read Jackie's post. Before you judge me or anyone that defended me please at least read the *entire* thread. The fact that you didn't know what Chick was doing at the time shows that you didn't even take the time to read above, and, well, if you didn't read above, and just read Jackie's post, please don't insult me or anyone that stood up for me. I have good standing with many admins and members* for a reason, and that's why they stood up for me. Please read before you post. Thanks.

EDIT:*and regulars

Edited by MattKemp

If you were not paying attention you did not see what happened, but read Jackie's post. Before you judge me or anyone that defended me please at least read the *entire* thread. The fact that you didn't know what Chick was doing at the time shows that you didn't even take the time to read above, and, well, if you didn't read above, and just read Jackie's post, please don't insult me or anyone that stood up for me. I have good standing with many admins and members* for a reason, and that's why they stood up for me. Please read before you post. Thanks.

EDIT:*and regulars

If you feel that I have insulted you thats fine, if a forum admin also thinks so they can freely edit my post, as I do not see anything insulting. I was merely stating that at the time it had accrued I wasn't really paying attention, and should add that I do understand now what Chick was doing since she posted what it was that she was doing since she wasnt saying anything while in spectator till you were kicked. You could have taken a different approach if you have Jackie or Tirtul on your friends list, and could have taken it with them or could have made a thread about, instead of trying to bring it to the server.

Edited by ValenAlvern

How Matt acted was a bit over-dramatic since it was only an hour ban and not 1 day, 1 week, 1 year, or lifetime bans. Same goes for anyone else that had acted up in the server when it happened, I assume they were friends of yours or other regulars.

You don't see anything wrong with that if you aren't aware of the entire situation? Meaning, if you don't know the entire situation when it's out there in front of you, and you're too lazy to read what happened, do not bother posting and insulting me and others who defended me. Just don't be intentionally ignorant if you want to post, when it's all too easy to educate yourself on the topic. All I'm saying is, read before you post - it's kind of rude not to when you say something like ^, especially about the other people who defended me. If you say it about me, that's fine - but don't bring them into this - but if you do, at least read what happened in its entirety

It may not have happened to you but i can recall maybe half a dozen times I got kicked not long after joining a game for a member reservation. It's disappointing yes, but it's to be expected that paying members would get some perks so i just would wait for the next open space. Like Valen I was paying more attention to the game than what was really going on but I did catch a lot of it. I did however notice that Chick was in spectate for awhile looking for a spot to join. I also noticed matt repeatedly joining the server and getting kicked for spec slots. It blew out of proportion pretty quickly and the end result of it was to be expected of picking a fight with admins. Everyone involved needed to cool down. While uncommon it does happen that people get kicked, usually during primetime. I'm not going to take anyone's side here but I think it's best if we let the issue be behind us.

I go off on weekends to actually have a social life outside of video games and i miss all the excitement!! lol

Ok in all honesty though, I'm just glad everything here got *for the most part* resolved with not many hard feelings. The 3 people that were upset are pretty loyal regulars of the server who are fun to play with. Members do indeed get dibs on spots, even of non-members who are currently playing if they so choose. Most of the time many of us have no problem just waiting it out in spec and we rarely have to kick someone to make room, but it does happen. CS:S makes this way easier by autokicking nonmembers when a member joins the server, but L4D2 doesn't have this ability in any mod.

Anyways, glad this is settled.