AMD vs nVidia... again.

Cinkadeus

560 Ti if anyone is interested:

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti OverClocked 1GB GDDR5 Video Card and Batman Arkham City - $180 (AR)

Z700-0573_chiclet01_aa_1844301.jpg

"Tiger Direct has the ZOTAC ZT-50304-10M GeForce GTX 560 Ti OverClocked 1GB GDDR5 Video Card for $245 - $25 off with coupon code XOH54040 - $25 rebate [Exp 2/29] = $190 with free shipping. Take an additional $10 off when you use a Visa card." (source)

No, applications run better on one or the other but, TBH the improvement of one over the other isn't even noticible except in 3dmark scores and the like. I'm not really a fanboy of one over the other. My current card is a 6870 x2 but prior to that I had a GTX260 and before that I was with ATI. Just look at the cost. Find the two cards that are the closest match up and buy the cheapest.

Just make sure to get a lifetime warranty brand like EVGA or Visiontek (XFX and a few other do as well) because I've had both ATI and NVIDIA cards crap out after short periods.

Edited by Preacher

I remember having a nvidia card...died on me after a year. Think it was that 9800GT series which was pretty top of the line years ago.

Bought an ATI HD4800 card from Magruter sometime in 2009 and hasn't failed me since. I still have an old ATI Radeon X800Pro that still works after having it for probably more than 6 years...although I use that as a backup in case something happens to my current card, I can just pop that in and it works.

• 3 weeks later...