These guys are doing it right!

anonymo

Another reason why indie developers surpass AAA companies. Indie devs actually want to listen and do stuff for the community. That is a class act right there. I'm more for supporting indie devs than anything now. It's funny, a lot of my recent purchases of games have been indie games and they're so much more fun and enjoyable.

Another reason why indie developers surpass AAA companies. Indie devs actually want to listen and do stuff for the community. That is a class act right there. I'm more for supporting indie devs than anything now. It's funny, a lot of my recent purchases of games have been indie games and they're so much more fun and enjoyable.

The problem with AAA companies is they have huge overhead. They probably have 10 people working on the UI and then they have to verify it with 15 other designers and then 30 play testers have to make sure it's not broken. Then the publisher looks at it and says, "What is this for? We want this game done now and you aren't getting any more money, cut it."

The problem with AAA companies is they have huge overhead. They probably have 10 people working on the UI and then they have to verify it with 15 other designers and then 30 play testers have to make sure it's not broken. Then the publisher looks at it and says, "What is this for? We want this game done now and you aren't getting any more money, cut it."

Also when the Developer and Publisher are the same, something is wrong. Its sad how this stuff happened around the time DLC started. That and when they make an update to the game, they just make another one.

Its funny to note that most indie games, like what 5 to 7 years ago, were pretty much something to add to your portfolio like a quick game and AAA titles were actually good, now they've flipped in these past few years.

Edited by Flitterkill

Also when the Developer and Publisher are the same, something is wrong. Its sad how this stuff happened around the time DLC started. That and when they make an update to the game, they just make another one.

Its funny to note that most indie games, like what 5 to 7 years ago, were pretty much something to add to your portfolio like a quick game and AAA titles were actually good, now they've flipped in these past few years.

Yeah, Valve has been a huge help to indie games in the last few years. Millions of people use Steam and it lets indie developers get their names out there without having to spend the oogles of money on advertising. Games like Binding of Isaac, Braid, Terreria, Audiosurf, Magicka, and a bunch of other games I would have never bothered purchasing if they weren't on Steam and I'm happy I did buy them. Then games like Need for Speed and Modern Warfare, I won't spend a cent on anymore, they are junk now.

Edited by VooDooPC
  • Like 1

Yeah, Valve has been a huge help to indie games in the last few years. Millions of people use Steam and it lets indie developers get their names out there without having to spend the oogles of money on advertising. Games like Binding of Isaac, Braid, Terreria, Audiosurf, Magicka, and a bunch of other games I would have never bothered purchasing if they weren't on Steam and I'm happy I did buy them. Then games like Need for Speed and Modern Warfare, I won't spend a cent on anymore, they are junk now.

Yeah, all these so-called "AAA" games are all just shovelware. The only AAA game I'm looking forward to this year is Mass Effect 3...but they had to add gimmicky multiplayer in there.

Yeah I don't think I can give another CoD franchise any more of my money. The stories suck, the multiplayer is exactly the same, and they put it out there every year. I'm pretty convinced that the US Army is funding the CoD series to help spur young men and women into joining the military at this point.

YEA LETS GET ME SOME TERRORIST! *Pops head up**Gets headshoted* "Dont worry, Jimmy will respawn soon.....Jimmy? NOOOOOO!"

...God just think of the future Astronaughts from playing Moonbase Alpha

"JOHN MADDEN!" Please reframe from using the com-link unless you have something important to report back "......aeiou" WHY DID WE HIRE PEOPLE WHO PLAYED MOONBASE ALPHA, WHY!

On a more serious note, Im actually waiting on Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3. As far as AAA titles go, if you want to count GW2 as AAA