Diablo 3 Beta

JackieChan

I got mine last night as well. It was late when I got it so I only did the preliminary things in the email and plan to download and install it tonight. Hit me up on Steam if you want to group up... if that is possible in the beta.

All the functionality from what I've seen as far as multiplayer goes is in the beta. Inviting friends, joining random people's games and whatnot so this will be one fun beta.

I got mine last night too. I played through with the Witch Doctor so far and am about 1/2 way through with the Barbarian. It took me roughly 4 hours with the Witch Doctor. So I think I'll get atleast 12+ hours out of the beta just playing through with the classes.

Edit: Barbarian, done!

Edited by VooDooPC

never played diablo multiplayer much. only played single player on d1 and d2.

how does diablo multiplayer compare to an mmo? is it even a fair comparison?

I think it's basically co-op and you can fight other dudes if you want. I think the max players is four, it's no MMORPG in that regard but I think it's better in every other aspect such as not needing to grind, a complete story, and a well polished game. The mutliplayer is more comparable to Guild Wars, imagine your game being an instance that only your group can hang out in, people can drop in and out when ever they want.

My major quirk right now actually has to do with people being able to drop in and out when ever they want. Your game is always online and effected by lag, even when you're by yourself. So earlier today my game was giving me a ping of 600+ and things were delayed and skipping all over the place, all of this was me by myself.

I had never played any of the Diablo games until recently....been playing 2 in preparation for 3, I'm enjoying it even with the old graphics, can't wait for the new one. This to me is definitely a game to play with friends, which is what I like.

VooDoo: Blizzard supposedly released 100,000 keys in this last batch as a massive stress test. Your lag is probably from that pulse.

Otherwise people from Australia have been posting videos of their gameplay with pings of 200+ with no lag, even going so far as to play DII for laggy comparison. By all accounts the server to client code is pretty alright.

• Like 1

VooDoo: Blizzard supposedly released 100,000 keys in this last batch as a massive stress test. Your lag is probably from that pulse.

Otherwise people from Australia have been posting videos of their gameplay with pings of 200+ with no lag, even going so far as to play DII for laggy comparison. By all accounts the server to client code is pretty alright.

Stress test, that hopefully means the game is almost done and they are just testing the servers.

They cancelled Blizzcon this year. They said they were too busy but I'm guessing if Diablo 3 really is coming out in the next couple months and Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm will maybe be out late/mid summer I think it's more like they'll have nothing worth showing.

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through with the Demon Hunter. So far of the three classes I've played I've enjoyed each a lot more than I thought I would. Before I played the beta I thought I'd just go Witch Doctor because that's the closest to the Necromancer, but now I'm having doubts about which class to go with first.

I played maybe an hour or so with my Witch Doctor on a second play through. The level cap is 13 and he's at 11. Towards the end of the part in the beta you get a companion, if you start your second play through you can get the companion from the start and they have lines of dialog for him that he wouldn't have even see in the first play through, I thought that was kind of cool.