Video Game Nightmares

ValenAlvern

Remember back in the day when video games were hard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr1S41QUVik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlu50y4wm1k

Forget you I still cant beat this. Oh and dodnt get me started with playing it co-op either. Atleast it had a check point system in it, you know after trying to get past a single part for 50minutes. 13 level game that should take 6hours takes years of mastery, forget Ninja Gaiden, I was able to beat that or get far on my first try, but geez forget Turbo Tunnel, should be called Hyper Breaking Your Fingers Tunnel.

Anyone else have any stories of hard as heck video games that they had trouble with in the past?

This is back when many games were not only stupid but also ugly and annoying as all hell. Don't get me wrong; I grew up in the 80's and played most of these games. I do not miss it though and kids these days do not understand how good they have it compared to how we had it back then. The graphics and realism today is under appreciated. Many games in the 80's and 90's though depended a great deal on story and gameplay that is often lacking in today's games.

I've recently been playing Super Mario Galaxy and while pretty easy, its also really fun. I haven't got to any point yet where I've lost more than 2 lives on one spot.

Super Mario Wii is fun and as difficult as part 3 I'd say. Unless you do multi-player. Then you can expect to lose friends and you better know a good divorce attorney.

There has never and will never be a harder game than Battletoads. No seriously, try to beat it I dare you. It took me an entire semester's worth of free time.. yah I didn't go out much but at least I can say I beat Battletoads.

Protip: There's a warp in the speed bike level

There has never and will never be a harder game than Battletoads. No seriously, try to beat it I dare you. It took me an entire semester's worth of free time.. yah I didn't go out much but at least I can say I beat Battletoads. Protip: There's a warp in the speed bike level

There's also one on the first stage, though all the warp zones wont unbreak your fingers. Especially on the last...3?..4? levels. You NEED to be perfect on those. Ive gotten close, on Turbo Tunnel.

There has never and will never be a harder game than Battletoads. No seriously, try to beat it I dare you. It took me an entire semester's worth of free time.. yah I didn't go out much but at least I can say I beat Battletoads. Protip: There's a warp in the speed bike level

There's also one on the first stage, though all the warp zones wont unbreak your fingers. Especially on the last...3?..4? levels. You NEED to be perfect on those. Ive gotten close, on Turbo Tunnel.

liiieeeeeessss, I refuse to believe the impossible happened!

but seriously, i tip my hat to you good sir

liiieeeeeessss, I refuse to believe the impossible happened!

but seriously, i tip my hat to you good sir

Level 11: Clinger-Winger, this a Tool-Assisted Run, no one can be this perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9BsqghmRQ

EDIT: This how it normally goes (warning, Not Safe For Work:May contain Minor Swearing and screams of agony..no, not joking, and someone cries at one point):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XirL5Xz5qok

Watch the bottom right.

Edited by ValenAlvern