Borderlands 2

boiler

Anyone else pumped for this? A new trailer has been released, and it's AWESOME.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/22/borderlands-2-doomsday-trailer?show=HD

I completely missed out on the multiplayer component of the first one since I bought it a year after it had been out and everyone in GC had already put it away for good. I don't intend to make the same mistake again.

I was super excited for the first one, got it as soon as it came out, then was let down with it after beating it. It just didnt feel complete and like they gave me false hopes for the weapon drops. Perhaps they fixed it up a bit now.

Did you play any of the DLC? The single player campaign was good, not great, but the General Knoxx and Claptrap Robot Revolution DLCs were AWESOME. I think they really found their stride and the way they wanted this game to go with those. Here's hoping they take a similar approach to number two.

The only mild complaint I had for the Knoxx DLC was the excessively long highway travel sections.

I'm pretty much on the same boat as Nightling. Went through all of the original campaign coop and the whole experience felt pretty... meh. Nightling, if I remember right, Valen, you and I went through General Knoxx on PT1 because I remember looting all the chests in that place.

I got through maybe the first couple of hours of the game. Liked it plenty but never did really grind through it.

Suspect it had something to do with the control scheme; especially how the mouse sensitivity changed 180 from in-game playing to in-game store/buying/char.interaction.

Probably give it another go sometime...maybe.

I played the first one as well, was a fun game. I also felt let down by the end vault guns and overall story end. Never played the DLC, though I might at some point.

I'm sure I'll play the second one after its been out long enough for reviews, I'll likely wait till price drop.

• 4 months later...

Looking back, I had mixed feelings about the first one. The world just seemed a bit barren. Playing with friends was a pain (hacking my firewall to pieces in order to host games etc; LAN problems with the roomies). I did log a ton of time into it though and will be pre-ordering this baby, so add me in steam and we'll group up. 4 players >> solo.

Supposedly, everything that people disliked in the first one, is fixed in the 2nd one. They're probably fixing it even more now since D3 was a huge ball drop at launch. So I hope their loot system is better than that. I liked Torchlight 2 loot system in the beta. So we'll see how BL2 will play out in comparison to those 2 games. (It's still a loot based game like D3 and T2)

If they support multiplayer better than the first and fix the enemy AI, I'll feel a lot better about it; I liked the first one too, but it did have some glaring issues that others have already pointed out. If I get it, I'll be going Commando (har har) or Assassin.

I will say that I've always liked Borderlands' twisted sense of humor. I think that's what drew me in when I first heard about it. Tiny Tina sounds like a fun character (NSFW language): http://kotaku.com/5925832/meet-borderlands-2s-craziest-new-character

I just pre-ordered a PC copy. Cannot freaking wait for 870 Bajillion more guns getting Bajilliondier. Not sure about the 96.5% more wub wub, but I can work with it.

Anyone else planning to pick this up? What is your version of choice? I completely missed out on multiplayer for BL1 and I want to make sure I can blast some fools with GC folks this time around. I'm assuming that PC will be the version of choice 'round these parts, but if more people are going for 360 or something I might switch my pre-order.