Look at what I bought.

Lyndy

I bought a flippin' subwoofer. It's so AMAZING. BOOM BOOM BOOM.

I'm leaving it on top of my desk for now since I have no other place to put it. :<

BUT ASDFASDF. YEAH. TIME FOR SOME DUBSTEP. Only cost $50! 8D

And oh geeze. this is so powerful. I barely even have the audio up, and it's like BOOM BOOM BOOM.

But my camera picks up the invisible dust... MEH.

post-4339-0-95198000-1334109823_thumb.jpg

Niiice. I play music wirelessly from my PC through my PS3 to my surround system in my basement. It rocks. But I could use a set up like that in my office.

I play music from my pc, to my tv, to my space satellite, to my car, then to my mp3 player. Its pretty balla.

My brother had an amazing set up for his speakers. He had two speaker by his monitor, one directly behind him, and two diagonally behind him. When you played games on his computer, it felt like you were actually there.

I swear... my brother has the best gaming computer set up EVER. He once had three 24-27 inch monitors set up.

Does it shake windows? I know if I turn up my computer speakers and max out the bass, it will. I have like a 5-6 year old klipsch brand 2.0 speaker system that I use for my xbox since my computer and xbox share the same monitor.

Put that puppy on the floor, and as far away from where you sit as it can possible go.

Sub frequencies (under 100hz) are very long waveforms. For sound to propagate fully a waveform must complete a full cycle for you to hear it properly. At 60hz for example, the wavelength is about 18 feet long. Since that's around where the sub of most house/dubstep kicks lie, if you're sitting within 18 feet of the subwoofer you won't hear the bass properly (or at all).

A neat trick however is to use a large surface, like your walls, as a giant drum. If the subwoofer is against the wall (or close to it, you want that port, the hole in the sub, facing the wall) you can effectively halve the distance required to complete a full waveform (9 feet for 60hz) as the waveform will bounce off the opposite wall and complete a cycle in half the distance (or so you perceive)

Put that puppy on the floor, and as far away from where you sit as it can possible go.

Sub frequencies (under 100hz) are very long waveforms. For sound to propagate fully a waveform must complete a full cycle for you to hear it properly. At 60hz for example, the wavelength is about 18 feet long. Since that's around where the sub of most house/dubstep kicks lie, if you're sitting within 18 feet of the subwoofer you won't hear the bass properly (or at all).

A neat trick however is to use a large surface, like your walls, as a giant drum. If the subwoofer is against the wall (or close to it, you want that port, the hole in the sub, facing the wall) you can effectively halve the distance required to complete a full waveform (9 feet for 60hz) as the waveform will bounce off the opposite wall and complete a cycle in half the distance (or so you perceive)

nerd