Deathracing, command glitch, and some bull

Aarkovi

(edited)

Tonight the server decided to hate everyone and loaded up Swamp Fever. There were 16 players on, and it seemed nobody wanted to play. So we started a deathrace, which included several players suiciding. The mentality was that the sooner we died, the faster we could load a new campaign. We got to the third map of this before we were told by an admin we would all get banned and had to play fair, and that deathracing isn't justifiable. I feel that in certain situations, such as this one, we should be allowed to do deathraces if most of the server agrees. It's actually more fun this way when people aren't taking it seriously. We've also done deathraces in the past when a team is winning by 2000+ points near the end of the campaign. Since it's obvious who won, might as well make it fun. Just curious why there is such a strict policy against this, as people seem to enjoy it occasionally.

Second is a quick note regarding the commands now that they are case insensitive. It tries to double-buy when I !laser, !ammo, !rebuy, etc., but the server does prevent it from buying twice. Just pointing this one out, not sure if it's fixable.

And lastly is this,

post-4404-0-70901500-1339309557_thumb.jpg

After a server crashed, it was 4v5 and we were waiting for players. Mike switched from infected to survivors, rushed out the saferoom, and switched back. That's just not cool.

Edited by Aarkovi

A change map vote for members would be great! Can't count the multitude of times everyone wants to change map, but we can't cuz there are no admins online.

I don't really see the harm in messing around a bit if nobody is really serious about the game, as long as everybody agrees with it. We just have to respect the fact that every player gets a veto in the matter.

Ugh. This again.

Thing is, L4D2 has very limited maps. Swamp Fever was removed, but was added back in to the rotation simply for the fact that we cant play No Mercy and Parish all day. Personally, I like Swamp. Some might not.

I realize that late nights this map can kill the server population off pretty quickly. If theres ever an issue like this, send me a message on Steam. Im usually around, and Ill come throw up a vote to see where everyone wants to go.

I'm more concern with the 3rd issue Aarkovi have mention and that is people switching in and then making the match started..and then switch back. This have been happening too many times and is totally uncool for the most part. If the team has been waiting for 5 mins or so, I believe they should start the match as any longer waiting is simply frustrating. But it's just a donkey move to switch in, forcefully start their game (and making a bot be head of the team too...that's a recipe for disaster), then switch right back. Couple of regulars/member been doing this and was a bit cocky about it too...

The amount of regulars/members doing things they're not supposed to do and seeing if they can get away with it is getting way out of hand.

IF YOU DON'T THINK IT IS ALLOWED, BEST NOT TO DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I shouldn't have to add babysitting functionality to plugins for people doing stuff they're not supposed to do in the first place. This is why there isn't a swear filter. This is why there isn't some kind of anti-rushing plugin. This is why there isn't an entire book displaying every do and don't for the server/community. Admins aren't there there to hold your hand so you can cross the street. Regulars/members should have the good judgement and maturity to do it themselves, and display an example for those who don't. Should you blindly run out on a busy street in traffic? No. Should you switch teams and rush out of the saferoom just to start the round and switch back? A big fat no.

People need to stop pushing limits and seeing how much they can get away with stuff if an admin isn't there. You're old enough to know what is right and what isn't (hopefully...).

• Like 1

(edited)

Is there is a way to put a 'rtv' option in, a la CS or DoD? I'd be all for it, it would probably end stacked teams as well as maps that no one wants to play, because the team down 3000 points after three maps could just rock it and change the map......just a thought. Where's my penny?!?

Edited by MattKemp