Banned from left 4 dead 2

Hi my in-game name is cannabisking916 ... I really have no idea why i was banned just because someone said so? i was just chatting with other players and they kept saying "cannabis kid" i really didnt care and just put it off the side... and we had a joke or two but i dont think i deserve a ban. I feel like i was banned just because u wanted me banned because u have the ability to ban me, it just doesnt seem fair and i dont think i deserve this ban, GC is literally the only server i go to i wait till it has a slot just so i can play on it because i refuse to play any other server..

Edited by cannabisking916

Well for one, drug references are a no no, both in the server and on the forums. That name will have to be changed to play in the server and also changed on the forums by one of us. Maybe I have the ability to change it....I'll check. What would you like it changed to?

Anyways, the reason for the ban states "Constantly using foul abusive sexual language, using 'n'bomb, not to mention inappropriate name" by the admin who banned you. He can stop by here and give his input. http://www.gamrs.co/l4d/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_1:0:14034240&advType=steamid&Submit

GC Server Admin

I had only just joined the game and was requested by a few regulars to watch out for him. When asked to tone down his language, he replied using the f*** word - If he wishes to play here again, he will have to come back here and apologise for his excessive use of language and guarantee that he will not do it again and also to change his name. If I do decide to unban him, I will change it for ONE WEEK as there can be no leniency in this matter and thus some form of punishment will have to stand.

I wouldn't mind this ban being only for a week if he apologies, given that it's his "first warning" as such, but I believe a ban should stay because of his behaviour.

He was abusive, he swore and he was making references to racist words. It's not like we couldn't tell what "nikker" stood for, considering the way he used it.

I know I'm not a regular poster, and I've been a bit absent as of late, but just my two cents

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind this ban being only for a week if he apologies, given that it's his "first warning" as such, but I believe a ban should stay because of his behaviour.

He was abusive, he swore and he was making references to racist words. It's not like we couldn't tell what "nikker" stood for, considering the way he used it.

I know I'm not a regular poster, and I've been a bit absent as of late, but just my two cents

Pretty much what happened....ausive and repeated f-bombs and such, even after requests to stop

(edited)

No i did not use the "N BOMB" I said 2 times MAYBE 3 I might have used a word similar to that but not even a black person would be offened by it i have black "friends" and they dont mind, and you guys are fakes and straight lieing because i did not say "nikker" thats a whole different thing ill be mad at myself for saying such things unless im joking around and that word is nothing to joke with and ill be honest here because im a man i said "nikka" not even the real word and its not spelled right so techinally i said nothing...I refer to my black friends as "nikkas" some times and they really dont care cause they say it right back..and "drug references are a no no".. honestly who cares??? what are you kids?? im not harming nobody so it shouldnt even matter or even be a "rule" but yea i guess ill change it and change my to ogking916 on forum, unban me so i can start enjoying the server again thanks. Im not harming anybody, people do way worser stuff but no you give me a fat ban which i think is permant but i have no idea

Why do you guys take this so serious??? Why cant we do this on a server? what the f### happend to freedom?! WERE IN AMERICA DAM IT AND I DEMAND FREEDOM THANK YOU.

And request to stop?? I didnt recieve a request to stop LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME THANK YOU BEFORE JUST BANNING ME. AND APLOGIZE ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THIS IS A GAME where im suppose to enjoy myself i feel like im at the prinicipals office trying to prove myself rite. Its like you guys ban people for anything i did NOT recieve a warning you just said BYE-BYE like your cool because you have the ability to ban me. this is why i stay on my PS3 to stay away from BS like this.

Trust me If i felt like i didnt deserve this ban, i would not be on here wasting my time on some game. I dont really play this game and when i do its this server which is why im really here and of course i shouldnt be here in the first place. Where im from your known as haters.. a haters job is to hate so i let them do their job

Please tell the exact reason why i cant curse?... Put yourself in my shoes and look at it from my perpective for a second....It was minor words its not like i was offending anybody you guys are defintly over exaggerating

Edited by cannabisking916

GC Server Admin

Racist language, excessive use of swearing, references to drugs whether joking or not.will not be tolerated in any form on this server - These are the RULES.

Freedom does not automatically guarantee you a right to be so disrespectful to the GC Community - not everyone who plays here is in America.

Judging by your ill-conceived comments in requesting your ban to be lifted, it is a very poor excuse of an apology and shows no sign that your behaviour will adapt to what we expect from players in this community.

Warnings are given in MOTD and there are auto-warnings in-game; also you should listen to experienced members of this community, which you flagrantly ignored and constantly replied with inappropriate language.

I therefore conclude that your failure to abide by our wishes and lack of respect will not endear you to have the ban lifted, thus you will remain banned, unless a Senior Admin thinks it appropriate for the ban to be lifted.

• Like 1

Any form of the N-word is still technically the N-word. That's how society has evolved in terms of that word in general.

Flitterkill said it best:

Honestly, if an abundance of strong language and drug references are more important to your enjoyment of the server than the game type, players, and community backing it this may not be the place for you.

Let's see what the logs say (censored words accordingly):

06/25/12 17:01:58: Cannabisking916<0:14034240>!

<0:14034240>!

<1:23045194>

<0:14034240>

<1:35742294>

<0:14034240>♥

<0:23875929>

<0:23875929>

<0:42748805>

<1:27388575>

<1:27388575>

(edited)

No i did not use the "N BOMB" I said 2 times MAYBE 3 I might have used a word similar to that but not even a black person would be offened by it i have black "friends" and they dont mind, and you guys are fakes and straight lieing because i did not say "nikker" thats a whole different thing ill be mad at myself for saying such things unless im joking around and that word is nothing to joke with and ill be honest here because im a man i said "nikka" not even the real word and its not spelled right so techinally i said nothing...I refer to my black friends as "nikkas" some times and they really dont care cause they say it right back..and "drug references are a no no".. honestly who cares??? what are you kids?? im not harming nobody so it shouldnt even matter or even be a "rule" but yea i guess ill change it and change my to ogking916 on forum, unban me so i can start enjoying the server again thanks. Im not harming anybody, people do way worser stuff but no you give me a fat ban which i think is permant but i have no idea

Why do you guys take this so serious??? Why cant we do this on a server? what the f### happend to freedom?! WERE IN AMERICA DAM IT AND I DEMAND FREEDOM THANK YOU.

And request to stop?? I didnt recieve a request to stop LET ME KNOW NEXT TIME THANK YOU BEFORE JUST BANNING ME. AND APLOGIZE ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THIS IS A GAME where im suppose to enjoy myself i feel like im at the prinicipals office trying to prove myself rite. Its like you guys ban people for anything i did NOT recieve a warning you just said BYE-BYE like your cool because you have the ability to ban me. this is why i stay on my PS3 to stay away from BS like this.

Trust me If i felt like i didnt deserve this ban, i would not be on here wasting my time on some game. I dont really play this game and when i do its this server which is why im really here and of course i shouldnt be here in the first place. Where im from your known as haters.. a haters job is to hate so i let them do their job

Please tell the exact reason why i cant curse?... Put yourself in my shoes and look at it from my perpective for a second....It was minor words its not like i was offending anybody you guys are defintly over exaggerating

First, I would suggest learning how to spell correctly. Second, I would suggest actually apologizing for what you posted in this thread and what you said in the server instead of what you typed which you can read your quote above. There are rules for a reason and if you feel that the rules do not apply to you then you will stay banned. Reason why they go by these rules is the prevent people, such as yourself, to ruin the game for 19 other people.

All we ask is just go by the rules and have fun. Yes we all do say "fail this" and "fail that" all for fun but the terms you used aren't usually used for laughs and giggles. Just because you didn't spell the n word out correctly doesn't mean you didn't mean it the same way. You want to have fun, right? We don't want to hear racial slurs and some guy trying to act all hardcore gangsta on the server and hear n this and n that.

I can't guarantee that you will be unbanned if you decide to apologize but if I was in there during that time you wouldn't have gotten that far to say all that crap on the server.

Good luck,

Yuri

p.s. Don't forget this is not your server so rules are rules

Edited by LadyYuri

I'm amazed this is the only server you play on yet have never read the MOTD apparently. Your response gets you nothing here. This server isn't a democracy. It's owned by our group, its run by our group, and we'll run it how we see fit. My opinion is the same of MPG's, ban stays unless some drastic action somehow turns the tide of events you've set in motion with that response. Honestly no response at all might have been better.