Keeping the Fun in the GC Server

Sess1on

I might have one of my trademark changes of heart, but when people STILL use soundboards when I specifically ask people not to, you're not only mocking the server, but me as well. This is prime example of people trying to touch something that has a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign next to it, then getting a hissy fit when they get in trouble. You guys are adults, not kids. Stop trying to act like kids who giggle when they get away with something. Don't make me have all admins mute the entire server if this crap continues.

YAY! I'm totally okay with this, I think a general rule of thumb concerning soundboards is this:

For the player:

Don't spam (unless it's sess1on's duck tales which he only plays at the end of matches anyways)

All other GC rules apply (e.g. cursing, innuendo, and etc)

If an admin tells you to stop, do so.

For the admin:

sv_alltalk 1 should be used sparingly if not at all. If there's a desire to all talk, put it up to a vote.

I think we can manage this, I know sess1on can. And lookback, you're right...session is 10x more funny on vent.

That will not work, I was asked if they could use an soundboard and I told everyone "No because pwner said, no" and went in one ear and out the other. End of the match the soundboard was still used. If I said no, it usually means no. I have the demo and I will try to make time to review it tonight.

Respect has fallen greatly in the time i left and came back which was within months and I'm not liking it one bit. I joined the GC crew because everyone has the respect for one another and I don't see it anymore.

• Like 1

That will not work, I was asked if they could use an soundboard and I told everyone "No because pwner said, no" and went in one ear and out the other. End of the match the soundboard was still used. If I said no, it usually means no. I have the demo and I will try to make time to review it tonight.

Respect has fallen greatly in the time i left and came back which was within months and I'm not liking it one bit. I joined the GC crew because everyone has the respect for one another and I don't see it anymore.

It is very hard to expect players to behave and be respectful when admins arent being I hate to be that way but honestly unless everyone admins included are being respectful and informing the rules equally it's not going to change.

You have members who can go a whole camp talking trash and no admin says a word then other admins you say it once fine but twice and they make them stop.

It has changed a lot. And I posted about in the members lounge.

And sessions soundboard yeah he does hit it once in awhile but he use to use it 95% and now it's like 2% he just misses it.

Edited by chick82

Sess1on's sb is tasteful and funny. Sess1on uses the sounds with what's going on. There is a huge difference between some Noob blasting crap and Sess1on.

How can anyone think it isn't funny? Better yet, who doesn't enjoy sess1ons sb?

I just don't enjoy Session's singing...

Sess1on's sb is tasteful and funny. Sess1on uses the sounds with what's going on. There is a huge difference between some Noob blasting crap and Sess1on.

How can anyone think it isn't funny? Better yet, who doesn't enjoy sess1ons sb?

I just don't enjoy Session's singing...

That maybe true, but that's no longer the soundboard. I enjoy Sessions' soundboard, it brings livelihood to a game that's old & stale. The game stops being fun when you're playing w/ all these random people and virtually no communication. It becomes interesting the instant session joins greeting us w/ a 'good morning!' sound byte. Bottom line, is you guys offer a service to the consumers(us), Session adds to the quality of the service you offer, how can that be a bad thing?

• Like 1

I see how it could be fun for some members but when Jackie says not to use the soundboards, I have to respect that more than anything else. I have no problem with the soundboards before and after matches but if you continue when Jackie says it is to not be used, I would take that as a form of disrespect to the GC team.

Edited by IRPwnage

Hi people. I just wanted to throw my 5 cents in and say that I loved the Arnolod noises and the "YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" sounds. They were hilarious, especially when played at the right moments. Bring them back, if possible.

LOL you made an account Korben for this post. LOL and good pic of Brucey

IMO the main purpose of 10v10 L4D is a good laugh. I do like to play "seriously" and i do enjoy winning, but honestly, if i wanted to play competitively all the time I would never be in 10v10 servers. Personally i have no issues with soundboards, but then again i do have my own, and because of this I do understand the reactions you get from them. Most people enjoy it if you use it sparingly and at the right times, but there are some people that respond with great vengeance and furrrrrrious anger. They just hate them with a passion, maybe it takes away from the game for them, maybe its just too distracting or maybe they are just a straight laced clean cut guy that thinks fun is for the sock hop and not video games.

I think a general rule of no mic spam is enough to cover excessive soundboard use, which I'm not entirely sure that it's ever been a huge problem on this server. But like I said, i know there are people that really hate them. If they have enough weight in the community and the admins decide that we shouldn't be using them, then we just have to comply.

Hi people. I just wanted to throw my 5 cents in and say that I loved the Arnolod noises and the "YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" sounds. They were hilarious, especially when played at the right moments. Bring them back, if possible.

LOL you made an account Korben for this post. LOL and good pic of Brucey

I figured it was a worthy cause to get behind.