I need some help.

Guest Orbital

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Hey

I have a question for you... if you have some time.

There's this glitch with the HL engine, I wonder if you know how to fix it...

If you connect to a server, and disconnect and try and reconnect to another server, about 75% of the time.. it crashes HL... and you have restart the program... you can't basically serverhop, do you know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

me 2..if u wait like 2 minutes after u disconnect it should work

Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guest [c2d]a t 0 g!
Guests

same. i just restart my comp cuz HL has done an illegal operation :-/

I do this...I have a list of CS servers I visit and a separate icon for each. I group the icons in my xp taskbar so they all appear in a single icon. Then when I wanna switch servers, I just type exit in the console and then click on the icon for the server i want. I know it doesn't answer your question but I figure its an alternative to crashing. :rolleyes:

Guest Mr.Cow
Guest Mr.Cow
Guest Mr.Cow
Guests

Or u can The seeing eye which is a very good program. It works for me and saves time and energy and icons. Also lets u auto connect if a server is full (Refreashed the server till theres and open slot) and lets you see the ping be for you join

Get it at http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

I'm glad you all have ALTERNATIVEs to the HL ... but I really like using the game itself, I don't like gamespy and all those other programs.. spyware SUCKS... so if anyone could help me on the SPECIFIC problem with Hl.. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Maybe it was made not to work that way. As in, the developer was working on fixing it one day when the boss came in and said "Howard! What the hell are you using my money to fix that for? Everyone uses shortcut icons and gamespy! Get outta here! Yur fired!"

Well, that's what happened and I'm stickin to my story.

Maybe it was made not to work that way.  As in, the developer was working on fixing it one day when the boss came in and said "Howard!  What the hell are you using my money to fix that for?  Everyone uses shortcut icons and gamespy!  Get outta here! Yur fired!"

Well, that's what happened and I'm stickin to my story.

No that's what happened when Howard was working on the anti-cheat program.

He got 12 dozen doughnuts when he started fixing orbitals problem, which resulted in massive...."backup" and he wasn't able to finish b4 the release date.