Paintball

LiMiT

Yo,

So, I'm deciding to get into paintball. I've played a few times and really enjoyed it. I'd figure it would help me get a little workout too so thats a plus.

So, before I head out to my local store I wanted to pick everyone's brains here. If any of you play...

I hear all over the place that the Tippman 98 is the best all around gun for starters and beyond. I've looked at it and others but I'm leaning towards the Army Project Salvo. I like the more realistic guns and I also want to relocate the air tank so it doesn't hang down below the gun. Actually, I don't know if that can be done.

I'm leaning towards woodsball and scenerios. I'm thinking CS but in real life. Plus, thats what I've played in the past and I like the longer tactical games rather than the "run and gun" style that are over in minutes.

So, anyone got any tips? Websites? Videos that you would recommend? I've come across a lot online but the more information I can get to not only make a more informed purchase but to make this a better experience the better.

Thanks!

S.

I was into this a lil, and i just sold my old good Tippmann A-5, with little modifications. I still have nitro-tank (I'm selling it BTW).

However i won't recommend you to get Tippmann 98 for only one reason, after 2-3 times of use, you will be dreaming to get something newer, more accurate, with some electronic feeder, electronic trigger, nitro lines etc. Everything is expensive. So I'd get something for more than $600 with everything build-in. plus another 300 for gears and uniform. All prices are average, as the saying goes "And the Sky is the limit".

When it comes to realistic part, did you think about air soft guns?

GC Server Admin

I have not played for a while but did for 15 years.

I have use a lot of guns . From a splatmaster , tippman full auto 62 cal. to an angel with full auto.

Get A Budd Orr Sniper (old pump) or Budd Orr auto cocker. Lot maintenance ,accurate .

Also a syder (basic 150$) is relatively cheap and a very good gun. It was competing with guns of 1000$

If you are just starting get a good face-mask with a fan. Nothing sucks more then fogging up in the heat of the battle.(imagine being boomed the entire game)

Get compressed air instead of Co2 tanks. No freezing

http://www.pbreview....od=2697&page=11

feel free to pm with any questions

Paintball is the most fun you can have with your clothes on

Edited by Mercman
  • Like 1

I haven't played PB in probably 7 or 8 years now, but Mercman has the best advice. Get a good mask before getting a good marker - even better a double lens mask with a fan. There is nothing worse than fogging over in the middle of it. Couldn't say on markers, I had a Rainmaker full-auto when I played which are now long gone.

• 1 month later...

I dont recommend tipmanns, or rather, i dont recommend any guns that are not electropnumatic because, well they are just crap. I bought a smart parts ion and then upgraded the you know what out of it with custom barrel, motherboard, hopper, trigger, internal electronic. The result is my gun is ready to play in the pros, i can trigger off 30 or so paintballs a second off it, and i can select firing modes on the fly. My friends wont even play against me anymore in paintball with their tipmanns, because in 5 seconds i light up a whole team on a speed ball course.

I'm more interested in woods ball and I'm hearing from both sides the pros and cons with each. I forgot which gun I was looking into but it wasn't electric. I've put this on the back-burner so-to-speak due to other things that have come up but I'm still interested. I'm hopeing I can get some other friends interested as well.

S.