Regarding "Scrambles" At Every Map Start

JackieChan

So, I think I found out the reason why this is happening.

Thinking the plugin that originally keeps players from being switched around on map change wasn't working properly, I decided to write me own that keeps players on the team they were on when the map ended.

But guess what...

Seems like data stored by plugins isn't saving properly. This is weird because the campaign switcher plugin saves the campaign history just fine, but when testing my new plugin on the test server, variables were being zeroed out.

For instance, a variable was being set to 2 or 3 when the scoreboard pops up before a map change. That's all fine. However, when I connect next map, that variable was being reset to 0 which shouldn't happen at all.

What does this mean?

The plugin that we use for the 10v10 stores data as far as what team you were previously on before a map change and is supposed to carry over that data to the next map so it properly puts you on the correct team. That data is somehow being reset so it isn't being used, thus just throws you on a random team at the start.

I don't know how to fix this, or if it will be fixed. Don't hold your breath...what sucks though is that the plugin I wrote to keep teams consistent was supposed to work...just couldn't test it to see if it did or not.

Thinking the plugin that originally keeps players from being switched around on map change wasn't working properly, I decided to write me own that keeps players on the team they were on when the map ended.

But guess what...

Seems like data stored by plugins isn't saving properly. This is weird because the campaign switcher plugin saves the campaign history just fine, but when testing my new plugin on the test server, variables were being zeroed out.

For instance, a variable was being set to 2 or 3 when the scoreboard pops up before a map change. That's all fine. However, when I connect next map, that variable was being reset to 0 which shouldn't happen at all.

What does this mean?

The plugin that we use for the 10v10 stores data as far as what team you were previously on before a map change and is supposed to carry over that data to the next map so it properly puts you on the correct team. That data is somehow being reset so it isn't being used, thus just throws you on a random team at the start.

I don't know how to fix this, or if it will be fixed. Don't hold your breath...what sucks though is that the plugin I wrote to keep teams consistent was supposed to work...just couldn't test it to see if it did or not.

This is how i read your post:

Computer Computer

Computer Computer Computer Computer Computer Computer

problems are with Computer

it's going to be hard to fix Computer

But i'm JC. I'll do everything i can to fix Computer

Good luck!

• Like 3

But guess what...

What does this mean?

The odd thing is scores are being saved correctly. It must be something about the adt_trie which according to mercury logs hasn't changed since 08. I added debugging to the l4d2scores last week which shows teams are saved, the trie is not cleared via cleartrie. My only idea is that the plugin is somehow unloaded- just added a log value for that and uploaded my modded code to scripting/l4d2scores-debug.

also, computer computer computer computer code, binary, 00101110211110 hex debug dump assembly computer

tracked it down to onnewmission being called causing trie being cleared... so not data corruption

new mission is called by L4D_OnClearTeamScores

this is a signature GameRulesClearTeamScores

Got signature from l4dt. *crosses fingers*

Did it ever get rewritten? I'll write something that sticks if you haven't had a chance, since I have an overwhelming amount of free time right now; Crasx being super busy, and Jackie, well, he's filming a new movie!