Automatic suicide as Spitter?

Samson

On another note, maybe when someone spits you could trigger a message (in a few languages) "It takes 25 secs to recharge spit and 15 secs to respawn, please suicide by typing !buy to help your team". That way the user still has the choice to screw their team over and you wouldn't be forcing them to "play a certain way"...

+1

also: spitters dont hold chokes, chargers do

i get more annoyed when newbies hold hunters and sniff the survivors butts before pouncing

You still haven't given a reason why holding spitters is fundamentally different from rushing.

Please address the fact that rushing is bad because it hurts the team, and holding spitters is bad because it hurts the team. Therefore, why can't they both be rules? We're not talking about kicking people for holding spitters, just automatically stopping them from doing so.

People have to kind of work around people holding spitters, and that unfortunately is to buy up the limit so you can spawn more in. You can't compensate for rushing, but you can for spitters...a little bit.

Whether or not you can compensate is irrelevant to whether or not something should be a rule. For that matter, you can compensate for a rusher by rushing with them, it just doesn't work too tell.

The universal mentality of the game is that if you're by yourself, you WILL die.

The rule of the game as infected is that if you don't work together, you will lose. What's the difference?

• Like 1

watch as people start complaining that they were .5 pts away from a tank at the last choke point and their spitter auto suicided 1 foot away from an incap...

how about we remove spitter so no one has an issue with holding them? oh and maybe the best player on the infected team always gets the script tank. and then we can auto suicide hunters that arent a minimum 100 feet away from the survivors too. the same thing with smokers sounds good too!

Actually that brings up a good question. I've been wondering how script tanks get assigned. I think they actually do go to the person with the highest points/dmg done in a round, but I'm not sure.

On point though, your sensationalism is cute, but it ignores the fact that most of your comparisons are not equivalent to the issue at hand. We're talking about auto-suiciding spitters that have already had their chance to make a play, not auto-suiciding them before they can.

Swat comparison makes perfect sense if without the unnecessary retort. A smoker got his tongue broke, he should be auto-suicide, the charger miss his charge, he should auto suicide...A spitter use her spit...she should be auto-suicide. Seems perfectly comparable to me and rather dumb and illogical of how this would be if this was to be enforce.

Rushing has always been frown upon even in 4v4 and even consider it as a non-official rule among l4d players...but spitter holding her spawn is not unusual for that kind of gameplay. So it's rather odd for newbies to come to this server and get yell for holding spitter. Sometimes it works in the favor of the person holding the spitter to do a few more damage or interruptions. I know I hold it a lot of the times to let the initial spit whittle out and then die to create another small pool to hold off for more time.

As radio has said, it forces people to this style and makes the gameplay far too strict.

and unfortunately most new players will never listen, no matter how many times you repeat yourself "spit and die, spit and die, spit and die" :(

Then that's up to the player himself if he wants any chance of winning. Is the same issue with the whole !sp !np commands...if they continue to play on this, then they will take the time to learn our rules and gameplay.

Edited by Jerkoff