Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

24bqhad.jpg

RAGE

339qezm.jpg

Batman: Arkham City

10op91z.jpg

Borderlands 2

fk71qh.jpg

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Running 98 Mods; Graphic enhancements, etc.)

1hxiww.jpg

Natural Selection II (Unfortunately, due to a lack of optimization, this game runs poorly in Multi-monitor mode. Coupled with close-quarter arenas, it simply doesn't look that great.)

5yi0dh.jpg

Lost Planet 2

28re15v.jpg

Edited by Sky

There was a monitor, I think Alienware made it, where it was three screens blended together into one really wide curved screen. It was like $3,000 but I so wanted one.

Do the gaps between the screens become annoying or do you get used too it after playing for a while?

Sky

Yeah; the air fresheners are there because I like the smell :P) I have like 20 in my room. I'm obsessed with them.

I have found that when you're playing, you're generally focusing on the central monitor (since that's where your targeting reticle, etc. generally is) and when you start playing, your mind blocks out the non-moving pieces; i.e. the borders. You forget they're there and only really see the moving parts. That's my experience with it, at least. This is especially true, I've found, when playing in the dark. Everything just blends together, and it's why I didn't opt in for a single "widescreen"

I will be continually adding new eyefinity shots.

All of the screenshots listed above are running on maximum settings, with only 1 graphics card installed @ 5760x1080

Edit:

There are a few games that I have not had a chance to post eyefinity shots of, yet. However, in the future, I will post screens of 5760x2160 (2x3 (the set up in the photo is 1x3)) I have not done so yet, because I'm waiting for the wall mounts to arrive; however, playing at a resolution that large requires a multi-gpu solution if you want to sustain 60 fps for most modern games, whether it's a dual-gpu card, or dual graphics cards. Most users who only have one card installed will have to use an MST hub in order to achieve 6 screens. However, to my knowledge, ASUS has created a triple slot card that supports 6 screens natively (2 DVI, 4 MDP) as well as AMD with the 5870 6 Edition, which comes slotted with, and only with, 6 MDP. However, you still can't achieve 60 FPS on any games (to my knowledge) with a single gpu solution on 6 screens (with the graphics maxed out).

With my time playing these different games, I've found Borderlands 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 are the best with the Eyefinity technology, because they allow enthusiasts to modify the FOV, which lets us cut down on the fishbowl effect. As you can see in the Borderlands 2 photo above, the effect is almost absent; the enemy on the far right (if you didn't notice it before, you will now) isn't stretched. However, the Left 4 Dead 2 screen above isn't representative, because it was taken in a corridor at the standard FOV. If you use WSF (Wide-screen Fixer) you can force different FOVs in order to adjust the fishbowl effect to your liking, but it's clear that it still hasn't been on the minds of developers.

Multi-monitor gaming solutions are seen as cheating by many people in the MOBA world. In Dota, LoL, Starcraft 2, and other popular MOBA's, they feel being able to see more of the arena than the other players should not be allowed. However, I would then argue that players with less powerful computers who can't play at a smooth 60 FPS would be able to argue that players who can are at an advantage, and that shouldn't be allowed, either. There is a mod that allows players to play DoTA 2 without the insanely (and unplayable) HUD stretch that occurs when playing (natively) at 5760x1080. Should players be punished for spending the extra money on multi-monitor gaming solutions? Does it really give them an overwhelming advantage?

If anyone is in the London, Ontario area, and would like to try out Multi Monitor gaming, just hollar.

Edited by Sky

To answer your question, in games like Dota2, seeing more of the map than other players does give a person an advantage. If you could get 10 monitors to see the whole map, what's the point of having a minimap or having to scroll to see a different area? You would know exactly what's going on all over at once. Just because you wish to see more than other players doesn't make it right. In some games it doesn't matter, but in fixed map games like Dota, it does.