Winamp The end is tommorow

Mercman

GC Coalition Member

Winamp.com and associated web services will no longer be available past December 20, 2013. Additionally, Winamp Media players will no longer be available for download. Please download the latest version before that date. See release notes for latest improvements to this last release.
Thanks for supporting the Winamp community for over 15 years.

http://www.winamp.com/media-player/en

this is what i use to play tunes

Just one more reason to hate AOL

Edited by Mercman

I actually still use Winamp for my music, though it was better before the media library, and I use VLC for all my video needs.

Edit - I've had foobar2000 installed for some months now based off recommendation as a light weight, high quality audio player. Perhaps I will start to use that more with the death of Winamp. How about you Stutters VLC for all media?

Edited by Madvillain

I get nostaglic when I think of winamp. It was the first and only mp3 player i used until around 2005. I pretty much quit using it because windows media player eventually worked just as well for my purposes.

• Like 1

I actually still use Winamp for my music, though it was better before the media library, and I use VLC for all my video needs.

Edit - I've had foobar2000 installed for some months now based off recommendation as a light weight, high quality audio player. Perhaps I will start to use that more with the death of Winamp. How about you Stutters VLC for all media?

I haven't used Winamp since I went Mac (like 2006). It's the only thing I missed about Windows.

VLC is my media swiss army knife, but I'm also pretty OCD with my music library. I only have full albums and I'm generally listening to one album at a time. VLC can handle more than that, but for music I just drag and drop the folder into VLC. VLC also handles most video codecs without requiring any other installs. So yeah, I use it for all media.