Acura RSX S-Type

gOOters

Anyone driven one? Opinions? If one is looking for a car in the low $20's that is fun to drive, this looks like a viable option!? Imma go test drive one this afternoon for the heck of it.

Spirited and enjoyable. Maybe a bit small, but you can tell that in the test drive. It is a very sporty package and with the Acura badge you are all but guaranteed a happy owning experience.

rsxs_popup1.jpg

It'll prolly be fun enough, but it isn't a 1/4mile car. It's a road car. Think F1 and not Topfuel and you'll prolly like it.

pretty sure I said this in another thread.

I've driven the RSX Type-S and it was a BLAST to drive.

Did you ever drive one of the late model Ford Probe GT's? It's alot like that in how it makes you feel. The car doesn't have a ton of power but when you hit the gas, you get kicked back. And when you whip the wheel the car just zips through that turn.

for me, in that price range the only 2 options I like are the RSX Type S and the WRX.........with the RSX slightly ahead.

if you're looking for a car that will just scream "DRIVE ME!" get the RSX.......w00t?

(edited)

I just test drove a RSX S-Type and that car is FUN! Kickin stereo, GREAT interior, handles very nicely, slick 6 speed tranny...just wish it had a few more ponies. But hey, for $23K I might just go get myself one!

Not disappointed, Chief. It didn't put a grin on me from ear to ear like a Camaro SS does when you hit the gas...BUT, I had NO disappointments.

The RSX does EVERYTHING it claims to...with a little panache. From the perforated leather Recaro cocpit to the 6-disk in dash Bose system, automatic climate control, and sunroof...this car is meant for fun.

Also, I was AMAZED at the cargo room! I honestly think you could move a coffee table in there with little/no problem!

Edit: Lets put it this way...if I am to get a Z or any other more expensive sports car, my expectations have been bumped up a notch after driving this car.

Edited by gOOters

• 3 weeks later...

I own and drive an Acura RSX Type S.

Let me tell you what love is...me for that car.

There are a few things I don't like about her (no torque at low rpms, relatively high limit on drop back into first gear prevention, VERY CRAPPY STOCK TIRES), but overall I worship the parking spot in which she sits. As fast as she is, she is a luxery car. Unlike most sports cars (350Z, SRT 4, WRX, 7th Gen Celica, if you can call that a sports car) you can actually drive this car without YOU getting worn to crap. The interior is lush, and the red dash lights give the car an errie, Star Wars-esque glow at night. The rear seating is the biggest in its class, even bigger than many subcompact 4-doors that I have riden in (WRX, Audi A-4). The only problem with the back seat is its really hard to get into. Trunk is pretty darn big for a sport compact as well, and fold down seats have allowed me to get things as big as a set a chester drawers in her rear.

As for racing...she runs a pretty low 14 in the quarter (offically 14.6, but you learn to drive it and you immediately save .2 sec). Now that is very close to to the 350Z (14.3 quarter), the Boxter (14.0). Not to shabby at all. To be honest, I think the car is superior to the 350Z in performance and luxery, considering you could (or I will when Mr Warranty expires) drop the $10K difference back into the car and be sitting pretty (super charger, rims, breaks, suspension, and performance tires). She tops out at above 145 mph (thats as fast as I've driven her). Her handling is excellent (once you replace the tires), though there is a bit of body roll since she sits up so high (easily fixed with aftermarket parts).

I don't know what else to say about her. I LOVE my car. She is amazing. I play designated driver on many a nightly outting with my crowd simply as an excuse to driver her.

NE questions?