Is this "hacking"

Keralis

I was browsing Reddit a few days ago, and I came across this post:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1xdwkp/never_be_inaccurate_while_shooting_bind/

It's basically about how you can bind some of the control so that whenever you shoot it will automatically walk, instantly decreasing your accuracy. It's pretty helpful when playing competitive.

My question is whether or not this is considered hacking by you guys. I checked, it's not VAC bannable because you can do it directly in console and it's not messing with any of the dll files.

Farberio already answered this question for me saying that he considers it a hack, and so did sant. I just wanted to get a second opinion of this.

I don't understand why anyone would think this is a hack. It is very simple to do. Just lazy people have to make binds for themselves. If Valve sees it as a problem they will address it accordingly. For now I say do it as much as you want.

if its against professional gaming rules to have 1 key bound to multiple actions then its not legal. I'm not sure if that is legal or not, but you are removing the skill from the player having to decide to walk when shooting then it would qualify as an exploit to me. This discussion will be carried on in the board members area.

As some good people here already pointed out, it's illegal exploit, in other words it's called scripting. When one enters a competition, officials tend to check your configuration. This will get you disqualified in a heartbeat.

Playing online with this script won't get you banned and as San already mentioned, it's undetectable.

As some good people here already pointed out, it's illegal exploit, in other words it's called scripting. When one enters a competition, officials tend to check your configuration. This will get you disqualified in a heartbeat.

Playing online with this script won't get you banned and as San already mentioned, it's undetectable.

No - you can actually detect it. I knew a player who used to have the crouch/shoot bind and he got banned for a season from CAL back in the day.

It's hard to see but definitely detectable. Just watch a demo of a player running around. There will be instances where you wouldn't just start walking when shooting, and especially after you do it 100% of the time.

I don't understand why you would want to add that bind anyway - Just learn how to strafe shoot.

No - you can actually detect it. I knew a player who used to have the crouch/shoot bind and he got banned for a season from CAL back in the day.

It's hard to see but definitely detectable. Just watch a demo of a player running around. There will be instances where you wouldn't just start walking when shooting, and especially after you do it 100% of the time.

I don't understand why you would want to add that bind anyway - Just learn how to strafe shoot.

I brought that same thing up. No one is disciplined enough that every shot they take is done not running. Thus you are removing human error and skill making it an exploit

Survey says: CAL Anti Cheat detected it, not a human review.

Well, I submitted a ticket to altPug and this was their response:

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting altPug support.

In our current rules, using such a script is not considered illegal. However, it is possible that rule changes could be made. Regardless, I advise not to use it as it is likely to get changed relatively soon.

So basically altPug said it's legal so...

Forget about it. I'll just stop using the script :nosmile:

Survey says: CAL Anti Cheat detected it, not a human review.

lol, was actually admins that reviewed it and banned :>

Well, I submitted a ticket to altPug and this was their response:

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting altPug support.

In our current rules, using such a script is not considered illegal. However, it is possible that rule changes could be made. Regardless, I advise not to use it as it is likely to get changed relatively soon.

So basically altPug said it's legal so...

Forget about it. I'll just stop using the script :nosmile:

lol, I just don't get what you think you are getting from it? Won't improve your aim, might slightly dampen your recoil (yet hurt you in the long run) and any player who can control their recoil and aim will shoot you while walking around anyway :)

Practice strafe shooting and recoil patterns, that's what will help

What is the best way to practice that... because I suck at strafe / run shooting... Its one of the main reasons I can't seem to get any better... Recoil I can account for, the other stuff not so much. I've tried doing hard stops but I can't do it consistently. And usually when I do hard stop I get owned, so its a no win situation most of the time.