** _=RUST AT WAR=_ UPDATED RULES AND SIGN UP

turnbullTeRRoR

As if 7v4 isn't laughable enough, some fun facts:

CS:GO Team - 635 hours in Rust, not including Chick OR Slim

L4D2 Team: 101 hours in Rust, not including Talpa.

Yes, I'm aware that TBT has a ridiculous amount of Rust time, but removing the most active player from each team yields:

CS - 313 hours + Chick + Slim

L4D - 56 Hours + Talpa

(Those three omitted because I can't access their stats).

The majority of individual players on your team have as many if not more hours than 75% of our team put together.

Not a single player on our team has more hours logged than any single player on your team.

I have no interest in helping satisfy anyone's need for a one-sided massacre. Enjoy your stacked team.

As if 7v4 isn't laughable enough, some fun facts:

CS:GO Team - 635 hours in Rust, not including Chick OR Slim

L4D2 Team: 101 hours in Rust, not including Talpa.

Yes, I'm aware that TBT has a ridiculous amount of Rust time, but removing the most active player from each team yields:

CS - 313 hours + Chick + Slim

L4D - 56 Hours + Talpa

(Those three omitted because I can't access their stats).

The majority of individual players on your team have as many if not more hours than 75% of our team put together.

Not a single player on our team has more hours logged than any single player on your team.

I have no interest in helping satisfy anyone's need for a one-sided massacre. Enjoy your stacked team.

Do you really think that my last 50 hours of play I learned anything more than my first 50? Maybe a little map knowledge, but if the rust at war is within the road anyway there's not far we can go. You act like TBT's 300 hours turned him into the equivalent of a Rust god in comparison to your 46 hours.

Really, there's only so much to do in the game, and I'm sure the majority of us know what the hell is going on after a dozen or so hours.

Right, and it's also coincidence that you put Tirtul, who has over 4x as much game time in L4D2 than CS:GO and ,coincidentally, over a hundred hours logged on Rust, on your team.

Learned anything more? No, I don't think so, but hours logged in Rust is a clear indicator of general activity. This is a gathering/building/crafting game, and those who play the most have a clear advantage in this war. Imagine if those hours were logged during a war; there would be no question who would win.

Tirtul classified himself CSGO.

Besides, we're all starting fresh on a clean server. Regardless of how it splits, people will come and go and it'll probably end up lopsided. We're trying to make something fun and L4D2 vs CSGO had come up multiple times in the past.

How about instead of complaining you offer a solution?

I offered plenty of alternative solutions on the previous page (all of which have been brought up before) and they were all immediately rejected and shot down, thank you very much.

Now you and TBT have both made the argument that things will change going forward anyways. How is that relevant? Things changing in the future isn't a justification for lopsided teams from the very beginning.

GC Alumni

Read that wrong. Nothing was shot down. The thread was only made last night and we're trying to work the details out. Take a breather man.

Well, unless you wanna say I shot down the "san to l4d2" idea. I suppose I did that.

Edited by san`

In my opinion the teams seem a bit (really) unbalanced. No only is it 4v2 in terms of confirmation, but you have the most active players in general on CS:GO.

Why not pick two captains and do a draft or let people pick their team, so long as the teams remain fairly even?

Alright, I guess it's your call. I just think people should get a say in what team they're on.

Also will there be a complete wipe or just structures before this starts or what?

I suggest picking teams then since L4D2 is low on bodies.

Does it not look like we're working on the team stuff? TBT is PM'ing people, posting in the L4D2 forum, talking to people on Steam.

• Like 1

That's fine, work on fixing the teams while you have three players online working to build a lead. Just take me off the list for this familiar unfairness.

The server's not even up dude. I've been working with FPSPlayers support for several hours now trying to get it running.

In my opinion the teams seem a bit (really) unbalanced. No only is it 4v2 in terms of confirmation, but you have the most active players in general on CS:GO.

Why not pick two captains and do a draft or let people pick their team, so long as the teams remain fairly even?

I'm gonna start this off with - IF this gets going all those "unactives" will probably catch fire and be very active now that they have a actual enemy. I really also want to work in recruits from players joining the server. You can probably find some gems in there.

problem #1 getting everyone on board for that. #2 I want to play with people I know.... which would mean CSGO players. I already have good communication with these people they are my people my friends people I talk to alot. I'm sure everyone feels similar in regards to that.

#3 see #2 if we chose teams I'm pretty sure we'd just be where I was heading in the first place. Me, Marvin, San', KillerJ and tirtul are all pretty much friendly and well connected to each other. Its no offense to other people but I don't "Know" Yoshi, Talpa , Leon, Proto , Manbearpig, Tengra. I mean we've barely met. We've talked a little but I've spent HOURS with the other guys. Hours that equal up to Days.

Here is the other option

We form multiple death squads of 5 man teams- no alliances and go at it. I wouldn't mind this but OP team will still happen because teams are still gonna stack the way I've laid them out before.

aaaaand thats why the L4D2 vs CSGO angle is the best one. and let me just remark that the only reason me and san' have so many hours in game is because we had an enemy. Artemedes, Nathan.Wiggins, Ajax619, Blazed, Ndewolf, Holloman, and Ragingfirebush all teamed up and presented a force for us to versus. That kept us in the game. Limit, Tirtul, San', Marvin, KillerJ, and Myself all faced them up. ALSO because we are trying to make the GC -RUST SERVER WORK.........something that won't happen unless there is players present on the server and ADMINS to boot.

Activity is whats going to win a war in Rust, not any kind of skill really. Maybe we can figure out who is has the most time online in say the last two weeks or month. Get like the top 8 and split them up then just spread the rest.

Activity is whats going to win a war in Rust, not any kind of skill really. Maybe we can figure out who is has the most time online in say the last two weeks or month. Get like the top 8 and split them up then just spread the rest.

I agree with you slim but the activity level of late will be miss leading. Some people who will play alot have been holding off till we get the war started. Take Biggs for example. Hardly played any the last 3 weeks but had the second largest base on the server. San, Biggs and I have interest as boardmembers to get the server started which accounts for our high play times. I think once the war heats up people will play more. All we need is someone to step up and be the other captain ( who will be active) and we can continue the conversation.

Also have to remark that my time total in RUST will be skewed because I had 3 weeks in the last monthish that my CSGO was broke and all I could play was RUST

UPDATED with teams list proposal based on FIrst servers groups. Now with something to aim for this should be fairly even. Leon and Marvin have killed the most people. Between these 2 groups we've built the 2 largest fortresses. And the MAIN reason I had the largest is because my csgo was down for 3 weeks.

Server is up and running. New IP - 23.106.102.3:28015

/history works, joins and disconnects display, and death announcements work.

Only thing that isn't working is /list, but you can see number of players by typing /who

I'll look to see if the /list plugin is updated.