is this even legal???

suphuvn

(edited)

nice video (not quality, but content) :happy:

not sure if u are using some kind of plugin or any kind of modification, if you are, then it is illegal.

Edited by TestCharacter
  • Like 1

I know I'm not an admin and so my opinion probably doesn't matter but here we go anyways.

If you have to ask if it is legal, it is probably not legal.

/end opinion

lol true, you kinda have a point

Hold on now. I know in CSGO you don't gain forward speed with the strafe jump / bunny hop. Is that true in L4D2?

If you don't gain forward speed, I don't see a problem with it. However, if you use it to get to spots that you can see over walls or aren't meant to be, then I'd consider that an exploit. The other issue I see is that it could significantly cut you off from your team and be perceived as rushing.

(edited)

Hold on now. I know in CSGO you don't gain forward speed with the strafe jump / bunny hop. Is that true in L4D2?

If you don't gain forward speed, I don't see a problem with it. However, if you use it to get to spots that you can see over walls or aren't meant to be, then I'd consider that an exploit. The other issue I see is that it could significantly cut you off from your team and be perceived as rushing.

No, in L4D2 you do gain speed. I play CSGO and CSS; in CSGO your speed can't go over 300 (running is 250) but you do gain a little bit of speed. L4D2 is kinda similar to CSS where bhop can gain you distance and speed

Edited by suphuvn

The only situation where I would say this is appropriate to do is if you are the only survivor left and your team has given you permission to rush. That or you have died in the back, respawned, and are now trying to catch up with the team. It is a part of the game that was not intentionally meant to be exploited after all. Thats just the way I see it so don't do it in-game because another admin might not agree.

Edited by BlackYoshi

(edited)

I guess this is the same with the hunter's ability to pounce from invisible walls. Both techniques are features not planned while VALVe code the Source engine even bunny hopping is possible in GoldSrc, HL1, CS 1.6.

Also both "exploits" requires skills to perform them correctly... I am ok with bunny hopping for speed increase but remember, it is impossible to keep the momentum for more than a few seconds unless a script is being used, in that case the player who uses it should be perma banned (it is "hacking"). But if the map "cuts" are a problem I think the best solution is to block those paths with an in-game asset like in the begining and finale of hard rain

I do bunny hopping when I am bored as survivor but I do not use it for cut through the map like that...

Edited by Jose

I guess this is the same with the hunter's ability to pounce from invisible walls. Both techniques are features not planned while VALVe code the Source engine even bunny hopping is possible in GoldSrc, HL1, CS 1.6.

Also both "exploits" requires skills to perform them correctly... I am ok with bunny hopping for speed increase but remember, it is impossible to keep the momentum for more than a few seconds unless a script is being used, in that case the player who uses it should be perma banned (it is "hacking"). But if the map "cuts" are a problem I think the best solution is to block those paths with an in-game asset like in the begining and finale of hard rain

I do bunny hopping when I am bored as survivor but I do not use it for cut through the map like that...

What do you mean by keeping the momentum for more than a few seconds? as in bhoping more than a few seconds? because if that's what you meant; it is possible (without scripts)

(edited)

Hunters pouncing from invisible walls is legal or not? How is that different to Bhop? Like you said, Valve didn't plan to make hunter jump from hundreds of feet high using the invisible walls.

Then what is the issue with Bhop. Both works as an exploit, but hunters in this server are allowed to do this "trick".

Edited by TestCharacter

What do you mean by keeping the momentum for more than a few seconds? as in bhoping more than a few seconds? because if that's what you meant; it is possible (without scripts)

Just quite hard, because the timing gets harder and harder as you change heights from the landscape. But if you use some sort of outside help like a script, that is hacking so no, you can't use those.

As for the hunters from invisible walls, I'd say lets drop it here and let TestCharacter surf the forums instead of asking if its legal here or not, because it has already been discussed.

And if we go into detail here, it will get closed like the last one after a while, also in which both strayed from the original topic if I may say.

Edited by MurderinClony

Yes, some maps/campaign are almost impossible to bhop because of the bumps, objects, etc. Sorry I wasn't being specific enough, I meant on chapters that have pretty smooth ground such as the chapter shown in the video. I guess now I understand to what limit the bhop is "illegal"/ an "exploit".

End topic?