Should I buy it?

Rashad

A little of both? Really you just spawn in, try to mine some stuff to build your first wood 1x1 to keep your stuff in. Hope that it doesnt get raided in the meantime while u loot towns and mine some more to get a bigger better base up to protect your stuff more. After you get settled pretty nicely with a good stash of weapons/armor/C4 etc then you pretty much just go around trying to kill people, take their stuff and blow up bases to steal all their stuff. After that its gets a little old, but usually when people start controlling a server then it gets wiped and it starts fresh, so some people like that, others hate it cuz "all their hard work is gone now".

Or play in PvP servers with high drop rates, and just try to get a base and amass guns to go on killing sprees. Kinda fun too.

So... isn't worth it yet? I know many of you are from the US and don't have high latency or lag but is latency an important factor in the game like in PvP?

I've 300~320 ms with the last GC Rust server IP, is it going to be back sometime?

So... isn't worth it yet? I know many of you are from the US and don't have high latency or lag but is latency an important factor in the game like in PvP?

I've 300~320 ms with the last GC Rust server IP, is it going to be back sometime?

Depends on the server rules. I know in DayZ if you have a high ping, you're automatically kicked. There's a lot of servers that have that built-in function. So it just depends on what server you're connecting to.

(edited)

I believe in almost every game the maximum latency is 300ms, the L4D2 server has a limit of 300ms that's why I had to pay for a membership but the average latency is 230ms.
I wonder if the server is going to be back, I do not play other game than L4D2 recently

Edited by Jose

Try building ground up on a highly populated vanilla server by yourself or even with a small group and you will see its a major challenge and not really boring. It can be pretty intense and not for a casual gamer at all. You have to be dedicated and able to accept setbacks and failure. If you cannot do this you'll never survive or better yet thrive in rust. That's the real challenge. For me on my own in these conditions have had 2 or 3 steady bases but I've only thrived with large groups on PVP. The challenge can be unreal and feel impossible at times. A feeling I've rarely felt in other games.

• Like 1

Try building ground up on a highly populated vanilla server by yourself or even with a small group and you will see its a major challenge and not really boring. It can be pretty intense and not for a casual gamer at all. You have to be dedicated and able to accept setbacks and failure. If you cannot do this you'll never survive or better yet thrive in rust. That's the real challenge. For me on my own in these conditions have had 2 or 3 steady bases but I've only thrived with large groups on PVP. The challenge can be unreal and feel impossible at times. A feeling I've rarely felt in other games.

What's the point when the game keeps resetting? Every time an update comes out everything gets erased anyways. May as well wait till beta or full release before attempting this sorry excuse for a survival game. Sorry to be so negative but this game really let me down. DayZ was a beta mod and it was amazing, even with it's many glitches. The realism is what attracted me. The fight for food and water and bullets made it worth playing. The only thing that made me quit were the numerous hackers that plagued the game back in the day.

Resets ah yes. The wipes are necissary because eventually it will get boring because the rat race for survival goes away and people end up with monopolies and untopple-able power houses . The thrill of the game is the rat race of the first couple of weeks. Now who's to say where they are going with the game. New NPCS will help. You must also realize you are looking at place holders everywhere.

Dayz was using a buch of stuff from a mod that was already made.

Rust is a brand new never before done game that will take longer to dev by defaul because it had no predecessor

• Like 1