Banned for making a mistake

heroman758

So I screwed up...
It was on the L4D2 server you guys run, map was the first part of No Mercy, and I was a survivor.
In normal games and campaigns, you can jump off the roof down into the alley below and land on the AC units and live (taking anywhere between 20 and 50 damage though f/ the fall). However, this time when I jumped I hit an invisible boundry lined up with the AC unit and fell right down into the street and died instantly. It was never my intention to troll or to grief or even kill myself; I just wanted to take a shortcut to avoid all the death inside the apartment building... If I had known that there would be a boundry there, I would never have tried. I'm really sorry for that, and I wont be taking any shortcuts again because odds are this same thing will probably happen.

Here's the other info you guys requested:
My Steam name: Heroman758
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:65140357

I was banned by MaestroPG for 0 minutes (which I think means perm... I hope not)

GC Server Admin

Thanks for coming here and welcome to the forums.

Taking shorts-cuts like that is not allowed, it is an exploit. Suiciding whether or not intentionally doing it is a DEFINITE NO.

As you have come here and apologised, I will go ahead and uplift your ban.

If it happens again, your ban will probably remain in place.

Taking shorts-cuts like that is not allowed, it is an exploit. Suiciding whether or not intentionally doing it is a DEFINITE NO.

I think unintentional suicides are called accidents...

I think unintentional suicides are called accidents...

Something like that is used for the intention of bypassing a portion of the map which is against the rules. If an admin sees that happening, they are supposed to do what Maestro did.

Anyway, thanks for coming to the forums heroman. Glad to have you back in the game!