L4D2 Server Mod: Small Feature Request

ScardyBob

Hey all,

I love and regularly play on the gcftw L4D2 20 player servers. The mod is great, but there is one thing that always frustrates me: its super difficult to send points (using !sp) while fighting. There's currently no way to effectively bind sending points to one key action like you can with everything else. Here's my suggestion:

Feature: Create a new command (!sp req) that sends points to the last person to request points using !np

Example (if enough points are available):

1. Incapped Player 1 requests 15 points using "!np 15"

2. Player 2 has 25 points; sends Player 1 15 points by using "!sp req"

Example (if not enough points are available): 

1. Incapped Player 1 requests 15 points using "!np 15"

2. Player 2 has 5 points; sends Player 1 5 points by using "!sp req"

3. Player 3 has 15 points; sends Player 1 10 points by using "!sp req"

Example (if multiple people request points)

1. Incapped Player 1 requests 15 pounts using "!np 15"

2. Incapped Player 2 requests 15 pounts using "!np 15"

3. Player 3 has 30 points; sends Player 2 15 points by using "!sp req" (last person to request points)

4. Player 3 has 15 points; sends Player 1 15 points by using "!sp req" (command cycles through giving points from last to first to request)

Hope that makes sense. Would be great to have so people could just bind a simple command (!sp req) to send points.

Thanks,

ScardyBob

• Like 2

Not a bad idea, I think some have asked about that before.  Jackie would have to answer that.  Remember you can bind the send points command.  It will bring up the send points menu

That what's I currently do, but it doesn't have the same one-click ability as buying heals or ammo via binds. I often find it quicker to just type the full command out in text rather than sort through the menu.

I used to have a hotkey bound for sending Maestro all of my points.  Keeping him alive is a full time job.  If I bound a similar key for Peanut, it would probably get worn out from overuse.  Why must Peanut be so tasty?

In all seriousness, though, it's not a bad idea to have keys to dump points into the admins.  They're the most experienced with the buy system, so they can help you get your points where you need them in a really big firefight.

For me personally, sending points while I'm in the middle of a fight isn't terribly difficult, but then again I do believe I have above-average reaction and typing speeds, so that helps me greatly.

In the end, practice and you won't really need a bind for it, since it really is just an exclamation mark and several taps of the keyboard. That's what it comes down to, at least.

Binding strategic items in the midst of a tank or firefight is an entirely different story, however.

We do have the !sp menu which priortizes people who requested points at the top of the list.  It's crude, but wouldn't involve as much typing.

orly

guess that's pretty easily bindable then

would sm_sp work? or would it have to be /sp?

We do have the !sp menu which priortizes people who requested points at the top of the list.  It's crude, but wouldn't involve as much typing.

I just recently learn of this command even though I do recall seeing a topic about the new changes of the SP command. Now I find myself sending points out so fast that I forgot to save some for myself.

sm_sp as a bind would work. Putting menuselect 1; menuselect 2 also send points immediately to the person who requested. sm_sp; menuselect 1; menuselect 2

• Like 2