Ok...Ok...Ok.......

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I need to know why only 1/10 of my shots register as shots. There has to be something. And no, it is not my dial up. Others on dial up do not have the same problem. I can honestly fire 30 rounds into someone, point blank and only 3 shots register as hits. If I do not get this resolved asap I am going to have to seriously give up CS. This is no fun to me and very frustrating. So anyone knows what settings need to be tweaked and to what for Dial Up. PLEASE post it here. I am in dire need to fix this. THis game lately has been NO fun for me...

thanks in advance

ZD

p.s.

once again, this can not be blamed on my dial up. It was never a problem in the past. My ping was HIGHER back then, 350+ and I usually had a 3 or 4 / 1 ratio always. This is terrible. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

You could change your netcode. It seems to help some people.

The netcode I'm currently running is this:

cl_updaterate 100

cl_cmdrate 101

rate 10000

Change those settings in console and see how it works for you.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

it depends on if Mmmm has update the metamod, a new one came out last week that was causing alot of Lag and hit box problems. With the newest metamod all has been fixed.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
You could change your netcode. It seems to help some people.

The netcode I'm currently running is this:

cl_updaterate 100

cl_cmdrate 101

rate 10000

Change those settings in console and see how it works for you.

These rates look to be for broadband. So if you have the settings for dial up, that would rule. And i believe it may be these metamod issues.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Very good link Swoop. Between the information I got from that site and the updates to Metamod and what not, My shots are actually hitting most of the time now. Thank You Much.

Hey Mmmm admins, consider posting that cs tweak guide on the main page or something. Linking to it may help many others.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Rate to 5200. It is the middle ground on the chart on the bottom of the article. And the settings it has for the update rate. I think 30 and 20 respectfully.

I really can not say if it is these tweaks or the updated metamod stuff.

Well then... you should try setting your rates back to what they were before, and see if your shots register. Then you'll know if the metamod update is what fixed your problem... :)

Are you saying youll actually fire 30 bullets or you sound like you fire them. Cause when they actually dissapear from your clip they are registering and you are just missing. However, if you shots dont register they sound and look like they are going but they dont actually dissapear from your clip. Whats happening?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Are you saying youll actually fire 30 bullets or you sound like you fire them. Cause when they actually dissapear from your clip they are registering and you are just missing. However, if you shots dont register they sound and look like they are going but they dont actually dissapear from your clip. Whats happening?

Not from my clip. But I usually can not tell because I DIE. I hear many shots, like 20 or so and maybe 2 hit and I am right on top of this person. I mean... I can see his big nose. I am literally on them so even a para would hit all shots.

And no.. I am not going to go back to my old settings. I am happy right now, and that is ALL that matters.