Price the same?

Guest TF_FSoul

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

Is the price staying the same?

It was 45 but now I see we have security and you had said the barn was more expensive then the hotel place. Also, if there is money leftover from the entrance fee will it be totals and split evenly among the people that came minus your administrative fee?

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

Does anyone know or are posts invisible unless they are stickied? hehe. 17 views and no responses so just curious.

Correct. Tshirts, in. Rent, in. Security, in. Extra food, in. Blah, blah.

No price change. However, asking questions that are answered in a sticky topic cost $12.95 each. :lol:

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

There is nowhere that it states the price except when you click the paypal link. I was curious if the price had gone up....thought that was explained in my question hehe.

Also - Are we looking at having a lot leftover for extra food and such or will we be running short on funds?

How about you just send your cash and show up, and I'll iron it out. The link to the page that has the paypal link has ALWAYS had the prices on it....with the dates of price changes....and it has never change.

To All:

I'm sorry, but all these little questions are going to drive me into deleting this entire forum. If you don't trust that things will be run fine, then do not come. And please don't over-react to this one either, just do me a favor and ask questions that have some major importance.

If you guys see the fragfest forums all but disappear, you'll know why.

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

I'll bring my 60 with me.

I brought the question up due to the fact that you had insinuated the barn was more and security was new so I wanted to verify before I made a payment. The second question stems from the fact I saw several posts at first about extra money being returned to us if it was too much then I saw others saying they wanted it to go to Bob's kids.

I guess I sorta expected the money question to be in that same thread, thus drawing the connections for me. Sorry.

If there is any money left over, it will be divided back amongst the members if that is what a vote leads to (no, if you pay 60 instead of 45, you don't get more back). Last year, it was a quick vote to split the money into 3 cash prizes and just return it.

There are too many expenses yet to consider to make any serious decisions about the money, but I do know that we'll save some w/o constant security. If we did something like the donation, that would follow a "return" of the money (i.e., ok, each person has this much credit, do you want it back, or do you want it in a fund, etc) While I don't want to walk away with any leftover money, this does create extra bookwork.

Like I said, there's still T-shirts, porta potties, etc, to add into the equation, plus the fact that some of the signed up people will not show, plus some will sign up/come at the last minute, so all I can say is hang tight.

Sorry to be gruff, I'm just looking for some more credit and trust, especially since I'm involving everyone so much in the planning process. (It reminds me of MCC III where we voted on EVERYTHING)

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests
(edited)

nm

Edited by TF_FSoul

Well, the money thing. Seems silly because there's always gonna be one person that doesn't want to do what others might decide.

I just seem to sense a little attitude from you soul, that's all, and it doesn't make planning fun. If you're so up in arms about 60 bucks and where it's going and some beef....don't come. Seriously, I'm amazed at the anality of all of this.

How about I just say, you guys pay, and I'll decide where the extra will go....and if that bothers you don't come. That right there is the only solution that will remove any say from the guests, and thus allow you to relax without any control at all.

I very easily could say right now that every cent that is unspent will go to charity....heck I could lay a rule down and say that it goes to Ronald McDonald. Couldn't I? Sure I could. But I don't. But I get tired of people being selfish about a few bucks. What if I don't drink? What if I don't want that? All about the one instead of the many.

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests

Hmm..I tried to remove my post before anyone say it since it was a little witchy....too late though.

No more attitude from me. The entire process has been setup to ask questions so I do, in an area to keep it away from the stickies. The question was a simple one, since I was going to paypal it through I figured I would see if it had increased with the new costs. I was also interested in seeing how the extra money would be handled. You anwered that with the vote question.

I am not being selfish about a few bucks though, just to clarify. I wanted to know how it was handled. At one point it looked to be a group decision then later on it appeared it was all going to Bob's kids. I wanted to find out how it would be handled. I will just consider my 60 bucks going to the LAN with nothing returning.

No more questions from me though.

Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guest [SFC]Preacher
Guests
(edited)

Is this thing as uptight as it seams on the forums? I'm not questioning anyone's authority in the decision making processes or anything, but it seams to me that questions that are too basic can be answered by others here, and thus eliminating the stressfulness for fatty. I know quite a few of the guys who play on MMMM and I play there often, but it seams like a lot of the fun is sucked out when you get nailed for asking a question.

Like I said, no judgments, but if this thing is gonna run smoothly it will need to have a flexible schedule with flexible people at the head. I've been a pastor for a little while now and run things here. So I know that it is easier to get people in line with kindness rather than biting remarks. Nothing will go as planned, people that will definately show up will be late or no-shows, food will be rotten, it'll rain and the roof will leak, power will be inadequete, someone will get high and act the fool, someone will get drunk and think it's funny to pee in the back of your car and many other lovely things that will inevitably happen due to old Murphy. So be prepared but not uptight :)

My 2 cents worth and that's with inflation factored in

:D:D

Edited by [SFC]Preacher

Thanks for all the common sense tips.

As I go back to the original post, my reaction was only this: If the price changed or was going to change, it would be a major change in the entire planning, and thus would be addressed on billboards. To think that the price would change w/o notice is bush league, I wouldn't do that to anyone.

On my uptightness: It's really a catch-22 for me to use public threads for planning. It's not necessary but it really makes things nice when people can discuss and plan. However, when it gets to the point where people (this is beyond soul's post now, not about soul, nothing to do with soul, ignore this soul) want to make more than their share of input (i.e. sit down at the head table) when all they are is a client/attender/ etc, it really rubs me wrong, because at that point, common sense went out the window.

I spend all my patience with little kids, I apologize for being on empty when dealing with adults/subadults/minors/deliquents or anyone that wrongly catches a lash from me.

We did this once with the MCC....involved EVERYONE with decision-making. It was an administrative nightmare. Obviously there was never a time when everyone was satisfied (is there ever?). Most likely the next party will mimic the shift in MCC....a private decision-making body.

I opened the door, so I have to deal with it (and yes, try not to be so uptight :lol: )

Topic closed.