350Z

gOOters

Okay, I won't go nuts in Chit-Chat...but OH MY GOODNESS! I LOVE my new car!!!! It is everything that my pickup wasn't (which worries me, I miss my baby).

Man, this car is SO quick and SO slick! That's the best way to describe it...the tanny just snicks into the next gear, like it knows what I want before I tell my arm to move! And it is soooo purty.

I got a used Performance in Chrome Silver. It has some problems (grease on windows, steering clunk) but they are covered under Nissan Tech Service Bulletins. I will take it in in a couple of weeks. I am really happy...it feels trippy for me to have a car like this. For 10 years, I have been driving old (and new) pickup trucks...nothing like this beauty. It hurts to see my ol' pickup leave me...wish I coulda afforded to keep her, but I am super happy with my new buy.

Happy motoring!!! I'll post pics fairly soon, as soon as I can get someone to host for me, hehe.

Speaking of the Z....a friend of mine recently bought a 1992 300Z for about 3 grand.

So far, he has upgraded the transmission, exhaust and intake, rebuilt both turbos, put in brembo brakes, repainted the entire car, changed the door interior, put in a short shifter and dropped a JDM engine in there.

He also did everything himself since he's a Mercedes mechanic. So far, he put about 7000 into his car and his car looks brand new and spits fire from the exhausts when he revs it hard. He's gonna take it to the track later on this summer and see what his 482HP 92' Z can do.

I feel bad for the guy who thinks its a stock Z and tries to race him (his car looks just like stock).

(edited)

Hmmm...since this is my only vehicle now, buying an older car and taking the time to fix it up wasn't really an option. Also, I need a warranty for a few years, don't have the money to keep up with an older sports car. It did cross my mind though! I love the RX-7!

DJ,

I'm too smart to take a 300ZX for granted. Even stock 300ZXTTs will give the new 350Z a real run for the money! Your friends car would surely rip the doors off my little baby...but I still love mine :D

Edited by gOOters