What happened to 3dfx?

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Many may remember 3dfx as the undisputed king of 3d graphics just 3-4 years ago. Seems like a long time when talking about Computers and technology. It however is not that long ago and when looking at the technology that 3dfx was working on... just a few changes and differencs may have saved them and they could be what ATI is today: The leader in Image Quality and maybe even in performance.

http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=412

very good read...tell us when the next 2 sections of the article come out (if they aren't already).

I remember the days of the Voodoo2 and Quake 2......was utterly astounded by them........

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

I got a voodoo3....ya that was a long long time ago.....we bought our 2nd PC from gateway....(1st was an 93 IBM.) In 1999 we got that gateway, we stil lhave it too. Wow it use to be like god....with 128 MB PC100 ram, P3 500mhz...voodoo3....Soundblaster live sound card.....crappy mobo....20 gig HD...wow that cost about $2500....

wow Tech has come a long long way....

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I know. It is like 3-4 years is an astoundingly long time when you are talking about computer technology. Just think, it wasn't 4 years ago where having a cell phone was odd. Now everyone has one.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests
Just think, it wasn't 4 years ago where having a cell phone was odd.  Now everyone has one.

LMAO funny you say that cause we only have 1 :( I need to get 1 cause im gonna be driving sooon, anyways the cell phone we have is huge! I htink its like 7 inces tall and about 2 inches thick! Were talking a beast of a cell phone lol :lol:

friend of mine only had a huge cell like that for about a year....we called it "The Brick" and that thing was dropped innumerable times and kept working. His dad had the same one and threw it at railroad tracks to break it so he could get a new one.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

LMFAO! NoFX your always happy to see me... :lol::lol: Yup, i cant wait for a new cell phone.

sell me that bad boy

Hey I think this thing is like a collecters item now...you know collect all 5 win a prize or something....

The only prob with the 5500 is if you had a mid or small size case there was no way you'd fit it in there It's friggen huge...hmm actualy it's.. 9 1/2 inches long and 5 inches tall. And what exzatly would you do with it if I sold it to ya anyway (poor baby has to have a good home)