Radar Detectors

gOOters

Who has em? Who needs em? I NEED one!

I am looking at Valentine One right now. I will probably buy one within the next month or so. I looked on Ebay and there might be a little savings, but not much! These things are just so darn expensive, but look like the will save money in the long run! (I was already ticket prone, BEFORE my new car!)

Valentine are great radar detector's they get very high reviews from consumers digest... I use to use a radar detector but 4 of my 7 or so tickets i've recieve i've had my radar detector on... Stupid cops just turn the thing on and off when they see a speeder... I'd say they work effectivly on highways but on main streets pretty much pointless.

I watched a show on radar detectors.

They ONLY work when the cop has his beam on. Meaning a cop can have his equipment turned off, which most do, and he can be right behind you and it wont pick anything up. We had a state police officer come in our class last year for drivers training too to explain it. Now when the cop turns his beam on, or flashes his lights, thasts when you will pick him up.

They arent worth the money.

Ahh, good points guys, and you too MM. However, the V1 is sensitive enough to K, Ka, and laser that it will tell you when someone else gets zapped a mile or two ahead of you! THAT's the trick!

Also, there are radar jammers, laser shifters, and police frequency beacon identifiers that can also help! They each run about $300...the V1 is $400. Its alot of money, but can make it tough to give you a ticket. I will probably just do the V1 for now. Besides, if it just works 2Xs then it has more than paid for itself!

GC Alumni
(edited)
You could simply use the +5 method...only go 5 over and you won't get pulled over.

depends on the cop and if he has met his quota.

also depends on who you are, i live in a small town of about 3000 people, and cops usually learn who you are fast. plus, my brother was a terrible driver, so they kinda know me now too.

grammar is over rated.

Edited by SaN

Gond Posted on Jul 31 2003, 12:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could simply use the +5 method...only go 5 over and you won't get pulled over. 

Um........ :lol: