woohoo

NOFX

(edited)

woot! i gotta new ride today

Check this

It looks just like that, but its a 99, 5-speed with 45k miles on it. I got it for 5700!!! anyway, Im tryin to hook it up, so anyone wanna help me out with suggestions or good sites to check out.

Heres what i have in mind, rain guards on the windows, tint the windows was thinking about lowering it just a bit(Does anyone know anything about air shock? so i can raise and lower it with air pressure?), clear tail lights and main thing, gotta get some decent wheels for cheap. Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated thnx!!!!

Edited by NOFX

Congrats on the truck! (Forgot the whole reason I was responding in the first place) ;):D

Unless you plan on seriously hooking that truck up, or racing it... I wouldn't suggest lowering it too much.

Don't know how much experience you have had in lowered/rough riding vehicles but it becomes a pain in the donkey real fast. Unless you are prepared to feel every bump (and I do mean EVERY bump and imperfection) I wouldn't suggest doing too much to the suspension. Even changing wheel/tires around can change the ride physics all together. You will always find that your car follows lines in the road. By that I mean if there is a ridge in the road or slightly uneven pavement... Your car will unpredictably vere off in one direction or the other. Makes things interesting. Also, a stiffer ride MAY make cd's skip while playing. My changer occasionally has problems on Main street (old brick road). Just some thoughts to consider.

If you still want to go with these mods, Check out

Summit Jeg's Jc Whitney

Those are just a few general sites. I will get you a few more later on. Also, if you go for new wheels, remember that big, shiny, and flashy doesn't always look the best. I prefer my ride to look clean rather than flashy. My baby

Edited by General J

no I do not plan to do any engine work at all really, unless i decide to later, I just want to make the truck look nice. I have friends who have lowered their trucks and its a real pain, cuz you do feel every bump in the road. I really dont want it low, I was thinking maybe an inch or two(do you think that would make it extremely bumpy?) Also, I think i agree with you on the wheels, I dont wanna go with chrome dubs, I just want something besides these nasty wheels, as long as it looks nice

AHH ok... as long as you aren't making a low-rider outta the truck (pointless in my dictionary, a truck should be a truck. Not a sports car. Doesn't mean it can't haul balls though ;) ) Sounds like you are thinking along the same lines I am in the means of "lowering." I have been considering lowering my front end just around an inch to give a more aggressive stance, and MAYBE the back end a slight bit so the wheels sit better in the wheel wells. And yes, it will make it more bumpy. Anytime you stiffen your suspension in any way, you get more response out of it. Instead of the suspension giving a bit on a bump, it doesn't absorb it thus sending the shock straight up to the frame and body and thus to your butt. With new, expensive wheels though, you would learn very quickly where potholes/bumps are and avoid them to avoid dents. <_< It gets old, but DANG does it look nice. :D I could give you a few of my suggestions for wheels if you would like.

(edited)

yes please post some suggestions or sites that sells wheels. I'm just looking for something that looks nice and not really pricey.

Right now here is what i think im gonna do. The back window as dark as i can get, Legal tint on the sides, some rainguards, clear taillights then get some wheels. If I decide to, I may lower it just a lil.

I think it will look nice without making it look like a wannabe rice burner, what do you think?

Edited by NOFX

ouch...try keeping your eyes peeled (and call some slavage yards and cruise Ebay) for some nice blazer rims...maybe off a higher trim level or something? Learn your bolt/lug pattern and look at ebay for rims that will fit. I would think you should be able to find some nice looking 16" rims for about $400 or so?!

Only bad thing with a truck, not so much sport trucks, you have to find wheels that will support the extra weight, and generally ones that are made for Rear wheel drive. That is why "truck/suv" wheels are so expensive. They are light weight still, but reinforced more than the normal aftermarket rims for a car. Not saying you can't use wheels that are made for a car. Should be able to fit any 5 lug wheel on that truck up to like 18-19" with only slight modifications, or get a little smaller (as in narrower) wheels for the front than in the back. Just remember your front wheels still need to have space to turn in their wheel wells without rubbing on say your supports that are right behind them <_<

thnx for the info guys, Im pretty much a noob when it comes to this stuff...But im learning, if you got any other advice it would be cool, and playaa, That sounds like a pretty good deal, show me some pics and i might be interested

I'm getting him to take pictures of them right now. He's gonna email em to me and I'll upload em........so in about 20 minutes you can see em. They used to be on an Olsmobile Alero but a few weeks after they were put on the car was wrecked into a tree....the rims are in fine condition and the tires are pretty new. Where are you located? because you'll hafta pay shipping on them but he said $500 would be fine as long as you pay shipping. That's for 4 rims + tires.

I'm pretty sure if you have 5lug and your truck is domestic they'll fit perfectly fine......can anyone prove me wrong on that one?

Be careful...there are MANY 5 lug domestic patterns! You guys need to find out what the patterns are! My dodge had 5 lugs by 51/2 inches. (5X5.5) but ford and chevy, car vs truck often use different patterns.

well we're talking Oldsmobile and Chevy.....both GM....you'd THINK they'd match up.

but don't worry....I won't sell em to him unless we know they fit....

hey wait....I think I need a brokers fee.

:P