1 <3's Video issues

flux

anyway. so i fried my old computer. got a newer custom one, and this card my really suck! im getting worse fps with a better card and a better processor. this really sucks man. :angry: i tried to get on trop like five minutes ago and it's terrible.

Actually Camp, when I spoke with you, I didn't know you were trying to use openGL, you may want to try running it in software mode.

I just got off of aim with him. He doesn't have an actual vid card, it is integrated on the board. I suggested that he at least get a geforce MX or something that would only cost around 40 bucks until he gets up enough money for a better one.

Someone may want to move this thread to the hardware thread so maybe some of the guys there can help him try and get all he can out of what he's got right now.

Ok. I recently fried my computer. All the components were trashed. It was kinda junky but got a constant 15-30 fps. :lol: Anyway, I just got my new custom one from a friend of my mom's. It's not all that great, but it should do. So, I tried to run OpenGL in 800x600 and it's terrible. I mean i get like 5 fps. Lots of choke and loss. And all the components I got new are 10x's better than the stuff I had before. Like I said, I got a constant 15-30 fps, and now I get like 5-15 fps. What's wrong? The stuff I have now is alot better and it's performing worse! I don't understand at all! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! o0o

What kind of equipment do you have? Vidcard? Processor? Ram? OS?

vsync would only increase your fps if you were getting 60 or 85fps in the first place.

i leave vsync on because it makes it easier to awp and your movements are smoother.

Check to make sure your Anti-Aliasing and Anistropic-Filtering are both off by selecting your opengl tab in your display menu in windows. I know people with really old stuff getting 60 fps with no problem. Assuming those are new parts, i would reinstall my videocard drivers if they werent up to date.

What he said. And just so you know to turn off Vsync: you right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, then under Opengl or what not it should say Vertical Sync, it will be "on be default" just do "always off".

(edited)

hrm...how could all your components be trashed from your first comp? Usually one thing goes wrong and you can usually just replace one card or one processor or one mobo. Very rarely does every card/processor/motherboard just decide to go bad. Acctually I have never seen anything like that happen before.

First off with your FPS problem, we cant help you unless you tell us

video card(main thing)

processor

RAM

you might want to try to download your latest video card drivers, it sounds like your using generic windows driver

:lol:

about your choke and loss....We need to know what kinda connection u have.

I doubt there is anything you can do about your packet loss, and if you have packet loss then that will cause choke. Are you sharing a connection with other ppl playin CS? that causes mad choke. Set cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate both to 25, then set your rate to 9999. That is my settings for a DSL/cable connection, and it must be like that if your sharing a dsl conn with another cs player

Edited by NOFX

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

You did not need to threads either. Just post and ask this once so your answers are all in one place. Most importantly right now, we need to know what kind of computer you have. From there we can help you out.