Anyone interested

TeK

Hey guys. I know the only people here into the form of music I am are DJ and white knight. Trance music that is.

I want either of u and anyone here to just check out my friends stuff. From what I hear from his 3 songs they are simply amazing

Keep in mind this kid is only 19 and does all of this mixing on his laptop and I happen to think its a lot better than some of the stuff I hear from known artists =p.

Show your support for him plz and I'd like to hear your response to what he does DJ and/or white knight and hear your feedback. Anyone else here is welcome to post what you think of it. Thx for your time in advance.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/resequencedmusic.htm This is the website and to listen to the 3 songs just click on Hi-fi play and it'll open in winamp. THX!

I like his stuff alot....it's good....not too heavy, not too soft....good for programming to (trance always helps me concentrate on what I'm doing....I guess because the music is so repetitive that you can zone it out and still hear it at the same time *shrugs*)

TeK

DARN IT DOD STOP STEALING MY WEBSITES!!! ;p;p;p;p;p;p;p

Me > DOD in Trance knowledge ;) .

I have 3,000 mp3's ripped from digitally imported. If u love anything u hear maybe I can send u.

He only has 3 songs so bear with him but honestly for a first try at doing this I think its incredible. I'm still waiting for a response from DJ on this one ;p.

Trance music owns. I only love it cause any song can alter your mood at any time.

And Bugs its not a "they" you silly goose...Its a kid. I know him personally.

on www.mp3.com search for a guy names "Subsistence X". The song name is "The Nullify Theme." Contra introduced to me and it was in on my playlist on repeat for a good 3 weeks straight. I don't know if he has any new things out but that song is complete ownage.

Edited by TeK

Guest Halo_SMurF
Guest Halo_SMurF
Guest Halo_SMurF
Guests

THATS SOME REALLY ROCKIN STUFF....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DUDE!!!!! :wub:

Its not me doing it its a friend of mine. I don't know him as well as a clanmate but were friends and we have hung out before. This is his first time foing this so take that into credit like I said. WHERES SILLY DJ!!

TeK

rofl camel man. :lol:

Ciacomix, Irish, OLD PVD, OLD OAKENFOLD, Some old Sasha and Digweed stuff are very good.

I have seen tiesto live and while his stuff is incredible hes not the best there is. Everyone has their own favorite DJ who mixes the stuff he loves. You have to realize Tiesto isn't the one making the tracks. Hes just mixing what other people do into his mixes. Granted Silence by Delerium was and still will be one of my favs of all time, he just mixed the track and did not create it. His double CD "Nyana" is very good but he did not produce all the tracks on that cd.

THIS KID IS 19 YRS OLD AND HES DOING THIS ALREADY WITH WHAT RESOURCES HE HAS AVAILABLE ON HIS LAPTOP. He doesn't have money to go into a recording studio and start mixing his own tracks. He does all of this on his school laptop. Way to go making yourself look like a jackass having beef with a 19 yr old trying to make some music for people to enjoy. Just as an FYI, he has a lot of supporters behind him already but i'm sorry u only listen to known peoples stuff. Hint sir camel, a lot of the better trance is not known by most people regardless of the mainstream DJ's everyone knows about. Go brush up your knowledge.

You wanna talk to someone who knows a lot about trance and techno talk to DJ until then take your sarcastic donkey comments away from here because your the only person who has a gripe about a 19 yr old kid doing something he loves to do. Why don't u go and try and make some trance music for us to listen to?

Edited by TeK

hey Tek, sorry I forgot about this topic.

do you have any other things I can download and listen to? I REALLY enjoyed this guys music and want more trance along those lines....

I don't really like doing streaming music so you know of anything I can download? (I don't have time to go searching cause I'm "working")

Digitally imported is your best bet. Other than that a lot of the stuff on mp3.com isn't worth your time to download except for anything by "T R A N C E [] C O N T R O L" A lot of their stuff is rly good. But DI is your best bet to listen to some good music. Streaming isn't terrible so I am curious as to why u don't like streaming? Digitally imported is THE best there is.

They have like 9 Dif streams for your fav generes. I'm personally getting into the "Chillout" mood now since the music sounds so kickin. But other than this kids stuff I don't know. Look for any Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, Paul Oakenfold, DJ Ciacomix, DJ Irish. The problem is that most DJ's just mix music from what others make. My DI Trance folder is like 18 gigs. But its filled with all random artists but all of it u can hear in mixes.

I listened to one track. I'm going to be brutally honest because I've become critical of the whole genre lately. To give you a little background, I've been listening to this genre of music for the past 16 years, before trance is what you would consider trance today. So I guess I'm as good as the next guy to review this stuff.

I think the whole genre took a downturn when it became overpopularized by mainstream media within europe and in some parts of the US. The reason I say this is that the music produced these days in trance/house/techno have become formulaic. Put in 64 beats, add in a chime for the next 64, then add the melody but only the first 16 beats worth, then drop the beats at the 2 minute mark so only the melody is heard, then do a buildup of riffs and make the melody louder and louder as you introduce the beat again and then play the entire body of the melody over some stronger beats as you end it off.

I just described 75% of the trance music out there. I don't know what happened but it appears everyone is recirculating the same exact samples and its just being reprocessed into something that is only slightly different that the original.

I think your friend's tracks falls into this category. I'll admit, that its soothing and cleanly produced but it sounds like just another trance song and undoubtedly he will sell some records if he decides to press it to vinyl but will it become a standout in a crate full of records? That i'm not too sure about.

If you follow DJ culture at all you'll notice that the most famous of DJ's have a particular sound. So if you walk into a club, you immediately know that PvD is playing vs Tiesto vs Sasha. Successful producers produce music that is unique to their own personal style. They don't follow someone else. When you hear a PvD produced track, you immediately say "hmm, that sounds like PvD". I think your friend is missing that identity. When I heard the first track (the melodic one), I immediately thought..hmm...sounds like Airwave or Rank 1. The second track was more like Nu-Nrg. I think to be successful, ones reaction to a new track should be "whoa...that sounds fresh...something new". That's the only way to truly succeed, especially in this dying genre where the scene is pretty much dying a slow death.

I've been chasing this identity for years. I'm slowly starting to develop one. I have a specific sound, close to PvD and Tiesto but not exactly but if someone heard a set of mine, I don't think they'd say "wow, that sounds like something new...fresh.". I think their reaction would be...hmm...sounds different from what I heard before, but I can definitely pinpoint his influences. I'm still learning the ropes I guess. As of right now, I no longer DJ and I just mix tracks at home so its really only a pipe dream so I guess this is all moot.

And lastly, my review of the actual song itself, whether I like it or not wouldn't be fair. I listen to tracks with more drive to them and I like my music dark yet having energy. The happy, overly melodic stuff doesn't do it for me so I guess my tastes and your friends taste doesn't match.

What your friend should do is post his song on http://www.tranceaddict.com It is the de facto standard site for testing your music in public.

I hope I didn't bring you down, I'm just being honest. And in the end, it's just one person's opinion.

=========

EDIT: Upon reading this again, I feel I was being too critical. Read my follow up post below.

=========

Edited by DJ Premier

Oh, tell your friend to keep at it. There are very few DJ/Producers out there that have a strong following that are under the age of 25-30. Only a handful actually come to mind. Most are actually in their 30's and 40's. So he has a lot of time to fine tune his skills and find something unique that he can identify with. Since he already has production skills at such an early age, I wouldnt be surprised if he truly did develop into something big in the coming years.

And lastly, hear are some interesting tracks that you might like if you like the happy melodic stuff (I don't like that stuff too much but these are better by most standards)

2 Players - Pitch & Shela <--- deep yet uplifting

2 Players - Signet (Leama & Moor Remix) <---- laid back and melodic

John Askew - Skylab (Kyau & Albert Remix) <---- energetic

Hiver & Hammer - 5 Million Miles (Alya Remix) <--- uberhappy

Midtone - Pearl <--- melodic

Sonorous - Second Sun (Leama & Moor Remix) <--- chillout

Oh...btw, Leama & Moor produces some of the most soothing trance music. It's pretty atmospheric. Nothing you can really dance to but good to chill to if you are into that kinda thing. They are on Paul Oakenfold's label and have a pretty distinct sound. I get their tracks on sight.

Edited by DJ Premier

Your not being mean to me at all DJ :) .

I rly wanted u to listen to it and tell me what u thought and being critical about it is how u have to do it. Your right this kid is 19 and is rly just doing this for fun and his own enjoyment. Your critical commentary of what 75% of the stuff that comes out today is actually quite true. I fins myself listening to DI Radio and granted all of these songs have a sif producer, the actual sound in certain songs sounds the same.

I believe that is what you are trying to say. EVerything in essence sounds alike. I understand its a happy tune and its meant to make u feel good. But your critical commentary is what counts. I wanted u to listen because I knew u have been around this type of music for a long time and had a good general knowledge of the background. I remember this from speaking with u.

I'm not down for the super happy stuff like u saud but I tend to like some of it. I've been in this sort of "chillout" funk mode and have been listening to a lot of that. If its not chillout its hard trance.

I appreciate your commentary and appreciate u taking time to listen to his 3 small tracks. Hes got a few supporters who are already liking what hes doing. Thx again tho :) .

I like his stuff alot....it's good....not too heavy, not too soft....good for programming to (trance always helps me concentrate on what I'm doing....I guess because the music is so repetitive that you can zone it out and still hear it at the same time *shrugs*)

programming to trance music is definitely one of my past times. It kinda puts u in a zone and you just type away. I miss those days. I haven't programmed in a while.

Tek the reason I don't like streaming is our network here is SO screwed up....we've only got 6 computers and 1 firewall/router seperating us from the rest of the internet and even though the building has over 100gigabits of bandwidth every once in awhile our network acts like we're on 56.....and streams will just randomly freeze then rebuffer....and I HATE that.

DJ, you should do some programming then.

:P

it's been awhile since I've had any FUN programming....I need free time....I feel like:

:boing: