ISP RoadRunner problems.

Xoul

You know, I don't know how my ISP does it. They continue to have more and more problems with connectivity... and they still have me as a customer... I guess im too lazy to switch.

"Red 10/2/2003

8:59 PM

NEO Road Runner is currently experiencing issues with Internet connectivity. Subscribers in the affected area(s) may have no connection to the Internet or latency/slow connectivity. Our engineers are working quickly to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause "

Its been like this for about a month now. The worst part was... it started happening while I was off on workers comp leave. I LOVE THEM. THEY ARE SO GREAT. I CAN'T EVEN ENJOY COUNTER-STRIKE :bang::o

My problems with Road runner is EXACTLY why I will not ever give Time Warner another dime if I can help it.

When their stuff works, its great, but if you EVER have to deal with their tech service for more than figuring out how to turn your computer on, you get left with a bad taste in your mouth...and thats after you talk to 20 computers.

I got on the phone with tech support today and they walked me through a few steps in DOS...we are thinking it might be the modem. I get a tech out here on Monday or Tuesday of this week! :boing: I am losing packets between my comp and the gateway...symptom is my ping will be real nice but spike up to like 200 or 300 fairly often for about 15-35 seconds. VERY frustrating for gameplay. :angry:

In layman's terms, the upstream connection from your computer (the pipe that connects you and your nearby RR-neighbors to the Internet) is over used. For RR to fix it, they will have to upgrade their upstream connection to a fatter pipe....mucho coinage.

(edited)
Xoul, my ping has been skyrocketing lately too, and I'm on NEO Roadrunner.  It's tough to play when it jumps from 30 to 300.  I hope they fix it soon.

Im on NEO road runner too... so I guess its community wide then.... :bang: "Closed 10/2/2003 8:59 PM 10/2/2003 9:45 PM NEO Road Runner is currently experiencing issues with Internet connectivity. Subscribers in the affected area(s) may have no connection to the Internet or latency/slow connectivity. Our engineers are working quickly to resolve this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. "

Maybe Earthlink wants a new subscriber... since they offer cable also.

Edited by Xoul