hmm?

Jiffy

ok i got a ? for all of you out there...!

If God is all forgiving, where did the concept of hell come from?...forgiveness gets u into those pearly white gates correct? so when did he start saying to bad so sad?

here's the flat out answer without a verse

he's forgiving, but why forgive someone that doesn't really want to be forgiven?

you have the choice of Heaven or Hell depending upon whether you follow him....

why do ppl always bring up these questions and try to blame bad things on God?............not one person who blames these horrible things on God ever thanks God for the good things........

it's a 2 sided coin....

<_<

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

In Hinduisum, we don't see as God as all forgiving. We see it as you get a certain number of chances to return back to him. It is more like everyone shall return to God one day, in one life. Hindu's believe in reincarnation, it is that we are all a part of God, or the supernatural being that created this existance. We are all a part of the universe, we live and we learn from what we live, we grow from our experiences. And in every life, you get a little closer to becoming a part of the universe again. It is only when you have experienced the world, and realized what is happeneing, and the questions you must answer, may you return back to the state in which we are just a part of the universe.

We believe in punishment, but it's more like, "When you pass on, in the your next life, you'll be a slug." If you are bad, if you are good, you shall become human once more. Your soul still lives on, but you are not shook a finger at, telling you to act good. We are given the right to choose, in which we must find it in ourselves to act good, on our own terms. We are not told to act good, or we shall be eternally damned. We live life, then we move on, until our soul has evolved. It's a weird concept.

In Lamens Terms:

YOu are not told how to live your life, by a set of rules and stories, but you are given a way of life, a way to treat and respect everything in the world.

I view Judaic religions as Highschool, you do good, you go to a good college, you do bad, you don't graduate. It's more like, a prize/grade system. I do not like that, I rather have it done on my own terms, doing good to make myself fulfiled, then do good becauase it is forced upon me.

Playaa... i don't think thats what Orb was trying to say... at all. Read his post more carefully. He's just trying to explain in terms everyone can understand how his religion works. I for one greatly appreciate anyone who takes the time to help me further understand the world!

Please don't try to instigate fights and flame matchs, thats what gets threads closed.

Now that that's done...

Orbital, forgive me if i say something ignorant :D

You said that basically what Hinduism did was give everyone a certain number of chances to be reunited with God, but also that your soul keeps reincarnating until you have done enough good to be united with God.

So... do you ever run out of tries? What happens to your soul if you do? Also, are new souls created? Are old souls destroyed?

I realize that these questions are very literal, but i would greatly appreciate it if you shared your wisdom with me :)

I view Judaic religions as Highschool

that's what I was talking about.....

and I'm sorry I came across as starting a flame match, I wasn't trying to, I was just a little frustrated. It seems as if lately I've been treated like a moron ALOT for believing in Jesus Christ..........and I'm getting a little tired of it. I'm supposed to be acceptable of all religions and creeds yet I get mocked for believing mine.....

I'm not angry or trying to insult anyone here.....sorry I came across that way

8P)

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Do not worry both of you. I did not mean to say it so harshly. You are not wrong in your beliefs, faith is personal. I just wanted to give an analogy, I really am sorry if I offended you Playaa, faith is personal, and in my views as long as you don't hurt others, it is your choice. [scientology = BAD!].

Now, Barto:

It's actually an awkward number. In India, many people focued on intelligence, then expanding our horizons, we developed inward, instead of outward, that is why we have fallen to so many different countries in our existence. It's I think: 12,142,234.. it's a VERY odd number, but if fits with this super long and complicated lunar equation. It's really an awesome thing to me, but it's a little iffy.

Also, it is in our belief, that all will be brough back to the ultimate being. After a certain amount of time, the soul will learn virtues n' such , that's from my comprehension, and Hindu's believe that all have good in them, and will return in one of their lives.

It is not in a sense of a soul is created or lost. It is just a consience that is a part of god, Think of it like recycling, all things will come into existence again. Things aren't created or destroyed, they are just used again, in a new existence. It's very hard to put into words, haha, the Vedas [Hindu's sort of Bible, it's the closest thing I can say] explains it, but I'll look into it more to give you a more indepth answer.

And I did not mean to harm ANY Christian in any manner, it was just an anology, with the wohel grading system. I could have said work, just I was flusstered with school that day, and it came to my mind.

:D I'll give you a more indept answer from my grandfather, he's a Guru back in India, so I'll get to askin' him, and I'll rely the messege ASAP.

Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guests

In answer to the original question, God created hell for the devil, or Satan. When he fell from grace God made the lake of fire for Satan and the Angels who had fallen.

God really decided that humans should be punished by death when he brought the Flood, which killed all human life except Noah and his family. Before this time, even when Cain killed Able, God had not used death as a punishment.

And anyway, God IS all forgiving, we just need to accept it.

First off, ok now that that's done. I'm going to the next comment. LOL

Ok here we go. First off, God did not want to create Hell but because he is also a just God in collaboration with being forgiving, he must give what is due to those who oppose and break his rules. Now, this seems kinda contradictory to the whole Jesus covers my sins stuff, but it's not. See, God does not see our Sins anymore so it is not going against him, it's like if I was blind to seeing chicken, I would say it doesn't exist. But yeah, like I said in another post there is one sin he will not forgive: Blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Sorry if I didn't explain things clearly, I have a hard time writing down my ideas.