America's Army: Operations

Crowbar

Anyone played this? Pretty cool game, made by the good old US Army. And distributed for FREE. That's right, a good quality FPS, for free. Basically, it's ultra-realistic CS. If you've played Operation Flashpoint, it's a lot like that. The maps are outdoor, and at first they seem huge, but they're really not. Like CS you have objectives, bombing various points, assaulting a bridge, etc.

There's a new addition comming out soon called America's Army: Special Forces, that looks really sweet. Check out the screenshots here:

America's Army Website

i am currently downloading now and got a friend to do the same. i will let you know my opinion on the game probably later tonight. but WOW is this a big file. 604 mb = long dl <_<

hopefully it is worth the wait!

i played the eariler versions of it, man, was i disapointed... I mean, there were so many bugs that had to be fixed, plus, it didnt nurture my need for intense action like Delta Force: Black Hawk Down or Call of Duty did... I tried V1.9 or whichever one had the medics in it, my opinion didnt change. Sure, they have a new title screen, title music, but for a free game, it was lame to me... The only thing I liked about it was "worming" people where in the earlier versions you would get underneath someone and stand up from under them and kill them instantly, besides, you were only able to do that with teammates because who'd agree to something like that on the OPFOR side?. Plus a reloading glitch.... Not one of my favored games... :(